Carnival Wine Package?

jen1016

I was on the Carnival website and someone there posted a link to price listing for Carnival beverages and in the article I read, it talked about a wine package - that we could order through the Bon Voyage, but I don't see it when I look through their stuff available.

Can anyone help with this?

I am sailing on Feb 24/13 on the Legend

I was on the Carnival website and someone there posted a link to price listing for Carnival beverages and in the article I read, it talked about a wine package - that we could order through the Bon Voyage, but I don't see it when I look through their stuff available.

Can anyone help with this?

I am sailing on Feb 24/13 on the Legend

Love Legend. Did her the past two summers. In regards to the Wine Package, it is called Cruise the Vinyards and we get this every cruise. They have 3 and 5 bottle wine packages each have 3 levels of wine. We are usually very satisfied with the selection in the middle package.

One suggestion, is do not buy this from Bon Voyage or in port before you leave. Wait until you are a little bit out to sea. If you buy the package while still in port, you are charged the sales tax of the port city you are in. If you are out to sea, no sales tax.

Google Carnival's Cruise the Vineyards Wine Package for more info

• 2 months later...

One suggestion, is do not buy this from Bon Voyage or in port before you leave. Wait until you are a little bit out to sea. If you buy the package while still in port, you are charged the sales tax of the port city you are in. If you are out to sea, no sales tax.

We have actually bought a package on every cruise and they write it down on a receipt list and don't actually enter it in the system until in 'international waters', so have never been charged tax, just fyi.

• 3 weeks later...
Love Legend. Did her the past two summers. In regards to the Wine Package, it is called Cruise the Vinyards and we get this every cruise. They have 3 and 5 bottle wine packages each have 3 levels of wine. We are usually very satisfied with the selection in the middle package.

Google Carnival's Cruise the Vineyards Wine Package for more info

Great suggestion above about the sales tax. For additional info: We just completed a cruise with one port being San Juan from 12 noon to midnight. We had bought our wine package before the cruise. When we ordered one of the bottles of wine for dinner while still docked in San Juan, I noticed later that there was a charge for wine on our bill of just under $1.93. Seemed strange so I inquired and found out that because we were still in port when we asked for one of our bottles, the ship was required to charge us Puerto Rican tax on the wine. I know it was a very small amount but that really irked me because I had not BOUGHT the wine in port. They did reverse the charge when I complained. So I'd advise everyone to check their bill for additional charges that should not be there. Just think of all the $1.93 charges on each person's bill who ordered wine that night in San Juan! What a scam!

Great suggestion above about the sales tax. For additional info: We just completed a cruise with one port being San Juan from 12 noon to midnight. We had bought our wine package before the cruise. When we ordered one of the bottles of wine for dinner while still docked in San Juan, I noticed later that there was a charge for wine on our bill of just under $1.93. Seemed strange so I inquired and found out that because we were still in port when we asked for one of our bottles, the ship was required to charge us Puerto Rican tax on the wine. I know it was a very small amount but that really irked me because I had not BOUGHT the wine in port. They did reverse the charge when I complained. So I'd advise everyone to check their bill for additional charges that should not be there. Just think of all the $1.93 charges on each person's bill who ordered wine that night in San Juan! What a scam!

I think you were completely right to be irked because you purchased it prior and then consumed it in puerto rico. If you purchased just one bottle that night in puerto rico then I say the tax is justified. And did they tax you on the whole bottle or the number of glasses? are we charged when in port if I order a mixed drink too? Its been several years since my last cruise I dont remember the charges for drinks.

Archived