Norm's fantastic Pride Crossing Photos!

Martha B.

Sailors~~~

Scroll down to the thread "Pride-ful Hall of Fame Sailor's Home".......you will find all of Norman's pictures!

Truly a very well done and profesional album!

Many thanks and Kudo's to you, Norman!

MB

Sailor's~~~~ I thought it might help to post a commentary as to some of the parties and events that Norman photographed. At times I call the Crossing, "The Good Ship *****!" We all had a marvelous time merrymaking and all 140 guests were seasoned and fun Sailors!

The cooking demo by Cheffy and me was a fun event. He demostrated how to make his fabulous breadsticks and mine was a simple West Texas hunting camp "fried corn-on-the-cob" recipe! I gave bibs to the guests~~~Cheffy's paper hat had been signed by all the Officer's and Staff and we had an auction, with Mr. Ronnie B. winning the high bid......then our proceeds went directly into the Crew Fund!

Next, the Stuffed Animal Wedding.....the 6th Quadrenniel Affair! A nuptial marrying H.H. Prinzessin von Rothenberg and Bruno von Berlin, stuffed animals of Sally and Henry. The reason I looked so outrageous was, I dressed as the Maid of Honor...complete with my curtain sheers off my sliding door window rod, as my long

train. We had the ship electrician to light my tiara! (Boy, did that crew have fun that

afternoon) I represented, "Marie, Dowager, Empress of all the Russians!" Eric DeGray was my 12 yr. old train bearer. Dr. M. was the Very Grand Archbishop~~~complete with a ship's

wooden oar as his staff! Many others in the wedding party completed this comic "spoof!"

The Hall of Fame Gala was alot of work, but certainly worth my efforts! Olympic ribbons for all.......even the Galley workers and all the waiters on board received their "special red, white, and blue ribbons" of appreciation! Documents were handed out as to the guests induction into "The Hall of Fame Crossers!" We all had such a good time watching Captain T.T.'s face as John B. and I presented him his official "Doctorate Degree of Cruising!" Also, Captain Toenis read a letter I had received before departing Texas~~~~~~ It was from President and Mrs. George Bush "regretfully declining my invitation to join us on this Seabourn Pride Crossing and to the Hall of Fame Induction Gala!" (Yes,you might say, I kinda felt like George and Laura wouldn't be able to join us.......perhaps another year)

Other parties and events were held during our 12 glorious days at sea! What merrymaking we did enjoy!

The Pride Galley luncheon will always "take your breath away!" This Crossing the food was UNbelievable! Cheffy Henning and his staff "outdid" themselves! Congratulations! We all gave the Chef and his staff a whoppin' 10++++++

Sail on...smooth and safe seas to you....Enjoy Norm's photo album!

MB

I failed to mention all the wonderful shows! Eric, of course, was fantastic, as always! He was very busy this Crossing as Cruise Director AND star performer~~~ kept him running around the ship from early morning to late, late at night!

The Liar's Club was so much fun as was Dale's show.

Soooo many wonderful events and affairs.....it was hard to decide just which one to attend!

MB

Archived