lisbon to barcelona 4-18

hottie

If you have sometime at Lisbon and haven't been to Sintra,I'd recommend it. It's sorta suburban, a hilltop town with fairytale castles and winding lanes lined with gardens. Very romantic. If you are an art lover,or a museum lover, the Gulbenkian Museum in Lisbon is one of the greats. Everything from Classical to modern in a beautiful setting. In Barcelona, Max Jacobson, ex-restaurant critic for LA Times, says the La Boqueria open market is one of the best in Europe. I happen to love that sort of thing meself.

For Barcelona, one word: Gaudi.

The park, the cathedral, the many houses are all worth seeing. Any guide book or tour director will give you plenty of info.

A stroll down the Ramblas is also mandatory. The "living statues" are fantastic.

Watch your wallet. Mine almost got stolen on the subway - a guy got it out of my pocket, but had to drop it when he was discovered.

We will be arriving in Barcelona on April 20,staying overnight at the Grand Marina Hotel before boarding the Pride on April 21 for a cruise to Istanbul.

Happy cruising!

Bill

Archived