Promenade deck on Golden?

mbw1024

I'm looking at the deck plans, am I seeing this right. To walk fully around the ship you do that on Promenade deck 7, then when you get all the way forward you have to go up stairs to deck 8, walk around the forward part of the ship, then back down the stairs to 7?

I hadn't read that mentioned anywhere before.

Thanks.

mary beth

That's true, but it's not quite as bad as it sounds. The stairs are outside, and didn't seem too steep. It doesn't seem like too much of an issue while you're doing the full circle, which is probably why it's not usually mentioned. My problem with the promendae deck is that there are no loungers, like there were on the Diamond. Golden Princess just has a couple of hard benches if you want to sit down -- this was a disappointment for us, but we loved the ship, so we got over it quickly!!

Thanks.

I'm having a knee issue right now so stairs are not my friends :)

Perhaps why this jumped out at me.

Actually, I am putting together some fun facts for fellow travelers and I noticed it.

That is odd about the loungers. No teak, padded loungers out there? They had them on Coral. Isn't that what Promenade deck is all about? Oh well.

Since you have been on the ship already any other great tips to share?

Thanks.

Like you, my knees are not always forgiving of too many stairs. We love the Promenade on the Sun class ships as three laps is about a mile. On the Grand class ship, we found stairs up and then down. It kind of broke our walking pace. I try to do the stairs inside as much as possible, but not during my promenade walks. However, that is the one minor complaint we have about the Grand / Golden. It is an excellent ship.

Archived