Stay off the Triumph

zeddy777

We were on the Triumph in Oct and thought it to be one of our best, booked again for next Oct...

I am so disappointed and bummed out reading the OP comments about the Triumph. Until now, I have been super excited about our upcoming cruise on her in May. But after reading this,...I just want to cancel, and not cruise at all. This was going to be my second cruise ever, and the first was so great.

I did see where Carnival emailed the passengers for that cruise, explaining about the propulsion problems and that the schedule would be altered. They offered full refunds to whomever wanted to cancel. If that had been me, I would have cancelled and picked another ship and or date to sail. Wondering if the OP was aware of the propulsion problems before boarding.

After i saw the Proplusion problems on the Triumph a couple weeks back, i was gunna try and Call up Carnival switch to the 7 Day on the Magic but they are back on track and im gunna end up sticking with the Triumph only because what ive read from other people that rode her. We all gotta understand it was a mechanical problem and im sure all the crew members would have not wanted the drama because it makes their job harder. I am looking forward to my trip, it will be my first cruise! So hopefully all the problems have been fixed and if not HEY IM ON VACATION! Nothing alittle alcohol cant make better! 18 DAYS AWAY!

Will be on her March 21st.....Cant wait. Nothing is going to ruin our trip. We know it is vaction and you cant control everything so we are of the mind set you just gotta roll with it and make the best of it. Memmories is how I see it!

This is the attitude everyone needs to have! Of course, then we'd have nothing to read about on CC!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not fond of the OP's WARNING. However, people are posting about their previous cruises and had a great time. That has nothing to do with propulsion problems as the poster is speaking of.;)

Actually there were 2 reviews of people who were on the same cruise she was on and had a great time so your point is?

Actually there were 2 reviews of people who were on the same cruise she was on and had a great time so your point is?

Having a good time on a past cruise has nothing to do with the current propulsion problems.

People are getting concerned about the snowstorm interfering this weekend. How beneficial would it be if I said "well, I left last week and the weather was fine)

We were on the 1/28 cruise also and like Striketowin, we actually had a great time. Were we disappointed in missing Cozumel? Of course. But in 12 cruises, this is the first time we have had something like this happen. And it was our fourth time on the Triumph. Will we go again? We actually booked this same cruise at the same time next year. We will be bringing a "newby" with us who said when we told her what happened "But you were on a cruise! That has to be great in itself." We had her attitude most of the time. I felt sorry for the crew as we saw many people really berating and holding them responsible. Trust me, they didn't want the problems any more than we did. And yes, we knew on Sunday with an e-mail Carnival sent out. My only request would be that they would have told us before sailing that it was going to be Progresso. I think we all figured that but some would have cancelled before sailing if they had known. Might have made for a better feeling on the ship.

Having a good time on a past cruise has nothing to do with the current propulsion problems.

People are getting concerned about the snowstorm interfering this weekend. How beneficial would it be if I said "well, I left last week and the weather was fine)

The OP says to stay away from the Triumph, because of her (temporary) propulsion problems.... it'd be like saying don't fly next month because my flight this week was delayed by weather.

I was on the Liberty in March when she lost an engine...we were late getting back to Miami. Didn't bother me in the least....more time on the boat! Stuff breaks...it is possible every time you sail. When I was in the Navy years ago the ship I was on broke down and was dead in the water for two days. Carnival took good care of those adversely affected by the propulsion casualty on Liberty IMO....

during the 1/24 cruise and they were late to Cozumel and only got to spend 4 hours there.

Don't see much use in being in Coz for 4 hours. Can't do an excursion, can't really go off anywhere. Guess they bounced in and out just long enough to say "we technically did make it ($).

We just did a b2b on these 2 sailing dates, we missed Cozumel on the 1st. sailing and got onboard credits & the option to cancel. The propulsion problem was repaired and the next cruise went just fine. I have no problems with the Triumph. We were on the Magic for the 1st. sailing out of Galveston and had to overnight in Progresso for them to work on the propulsion system for a brand new ship. Things sometimes just break, then they are repaired......

Doug

We just did a b2b on these 2 sailing dates, we missed Cozumel on the 1st. sailing and got onboard credits & the option to cancel. The propulsion problem was repaired and the next cruise went just fine. I have no problems with the Triumph. We were on the Magic for the 1st. sailing out of Galveston and had to overnight in Progresso for them to work on the propulsion system for a brand new ship. Things sometimes just break, then they are repaired....

Doug

Finally, the voice of reason I have been waiting to hear from. I'm glad Triumph is repaired. And I am glad your second trip was good.

I'm glad the Triumph is fixed. The email that was sent arrived after we already left for Galveston, so I never saw it. Had I known that Cozumel was dropped from the trip, we might have rescheduled. I do hope you have a great trip on the Triumph. We took our 5 children for a big vacation and were disapointed. The kids all got snorkling gear and were really pumped. The water in Progresso was too muddy to see anything. I guess I hoped for better.

You said it boss, and three days ago at that!

Ummm, I guess the point is the OP was 100% correct.

I know it is unimanginable to think that present mechanical issues would ever point to future mechanical issues.

With all these people having great cruises in the past, I have no idea how this engine fire could ever happen:eek:

This thread and OP have proven prophetic.

I feel like CCers need to be more willing to call out mechanical issues and not dismiss them like some have in this thread. If they happen on multiple sailings it may foreshadow more serious trouble. And it only makes sense to switch to a more reliable ship.

Archived