Marriot in Curacao??

EileenN

About 5 years ago, I stayed at the Sheraton (now Hilton) which is right next to the Marriott. We walked over to take a look. The beach and pool was very nice. If I remember right the beach was big with lots of lounge chairs. In addition to the main dining room, they had a steak house and an Italian restaurant. The food was very good but pricey in both the restaurants. There is a very nice breakfast buffet that ran about $20-25.

• 4 weeks later...

We have been to the Curacao Marriott several summers for a wk to 10 days. The beach area is fairly small but has plenty of lounges and umbrellas. There are water things to rent just down the beach and pretty good snorkling right off the beach area a little ways out. The food is very good at the hotel...The breakfast buffet is great and the burgers, etc from the pool restaurant are as well. The italian restaurant is open at night and you can eat in or outside with a nice selection...By the way, there are MANY excellent restaurants on the island and some spectacular views with many. Hooks is also close by and you eat out on the beach barefooted and its great fun...I see your stay is inclusive but if you would like any more info, just ask. Curacao is one of our favorite places............

• 1 month later...

Our friends stayed there when it used to be a Sonesta Hotel. I recall visiting them and enjoying the architecture. The beach is not the best. If you're there for the week, definitely rent car and check out the beaches in the West End (Klein Knip. Groote Knip, Jeremie). On the East End, I have fond memories of Sundays with my family at Barbara Beach and Jan Thiel. The last 2 have restroom facilities and snack/food options but Santa Barbara Beach is not as nice as it used to be. Jan Thiel, however, is much more developed and nicer than when I grew up.

Many cruise shippers enjoy Sunset/Mambo/Bikini/Seaquarium Beach which is one long stretch of sand, calm waters and lots of food options.

Have fun!

• 2 months later...

We were there two weeks ago and had made plans to take the snorkeling boat out at 9:00 A.M.. It is located at the small dive shop on the beach behind the Marriott. They stood us up but we ended up really enjoying our day at the Marriott pool. Since we were there only for the day, I can't comment on the rooms, service or food but we loved this place and if we ever get back to this island, this is how we will spend our day again. The most beautiful location I saw our entire cruise. You will have a great time there.

Archived