Cambria Suites, Dania Beach vs Hyatt House near FLL

Spudder

We have been switched to FLL from MIA for our departure and we are staying in the FLL area for two nights. Can anyone with some experience with these two hotels maybe fill me in a little on your experiences? or any hotel suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks, Florissouri. We are looking at the 2 bedroom suite, hard to tell how big they are...

They're big...2 full bathrooms, full size kitchen and a living room with a pullout sofa/sleeper. If it's a Trio it has two queen beds in one bedroom and a King bed in the other.

They have a good breakfast, a nice pool deck and they're located across Stirling Road from Oakwood Plaza Mall where you'll find a K-Mart to buy sodas, water and they have a decent selection of popular wines. If you need hard liquor there's a BJ's Wholesale Club next door and they don't require a membership to buy alcohol.

They're big...2 full bathrooms, full size kitchen and a living room with a pullout sofa/sleeper. If it's a Trio it has two queen beds in one bedroom and a King bed in the other.

They have a good breakfast, a nice pool deck and they're located across Stirling Road from Oakwood Plaza Mall where you'll find a K-Mart to buy sodas, water and they have a decent selection of popular wines. If you need hard liquor there's a BJ's Wholesale Club next door and they don't require a membership to buy alcohol.

Thank you for the info, we have the 2 king bedrooms suite. It will be our first time in Fort Lauderdale, we are looking forward to it...

Thank you for the info, we have the 2 king bedrooms suite. It will be our first time in Fort Lauderdale, we are looking forward to it...

You need to do the Water Taxi then.

I would suggest a rental car because there is much to do and much to see. Here's my hit list in no particular order.

1. Water Taxi

2. Pelican's Landing (especially happy hour) at the Hyatt Pier 66

3. Downtown Hollywood (especially Monday nights)

4. Hollywood Boardwalk

5. Lauderdale By the Sea

6. The rocking booths on the patio of the Oasis Cafe

7. The Riverwalk in Downtown Ft Lauderdale

You need to do the Water Taxi then.

I would suggest a rental car because there is much to do and much to see. Here's my hit list in no particular order.

1. Water Taxi

2. Pelican's Landing (especially happy hour) at the Hyatt Pier 66

3. Downtown Hollywood (especially Monday nights)

4. Hollywood Boardwalk

5. Lauderdale By the Sea

6. The rocking booths on the patio of the Oasis Cafe

7. The Riverwalk in Downtown Ft Lauderdale

Wow, thank Florissouri, I will print this list and start some investigating...You guys are great, thank you all so much for your help.

If you decide to rent a car and drive around...which I highly recommend, the Alamo rental car agency at FLL will take you to the cruise port after you turn in your rental for free. They will also pick you up after the cruise and bring you back to the port. If you have 4 people, this alone could save you some $$. It is REALLY fun to drive up and down the beach on FLL and stop to eat at some of the fun restaurants and take a dip in the ocean.

Also, SAWGRASS Mills Mall, about 10 miles from the airport is a HUMONGOUS mall, with cinema, great restaurants (Cheesecake Factory), etc. So if the weather is bad, you have a fun indoor activity.

We love Ft. Lauderdale. We always rent a car even if it is for 1 night before the cruise because we love the area.

By the way, we have stayed at the Cambria Suites twice and we really like it. They have a nice pool, laundry facilities, indoor restaurant (food is limited) and bar. But I agree with the other poster on this thread, if you are without a car and going to Oakwood Mall, the Hyatt is the right choice!

Have fun!

We have been switched to FLL from MIA for our departure and we are staying in the FLL area for two nights. Can anyone with some experience with these two hotels maybe fill me in a little on your experiences? or any hotel suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

We stayed at Cambria Suites a few weeks ago before our 1/20/13 cruise. It was a very nice hotel, but there is absolutely nothing nearby.

Archived