im a little spooked by this

So last night i was searching cruiseses on carnival and our pVP from last cruise calls and stated that he saw that i was online looking at cruises. WHAT?????

i told him that whenever i was ready to book i would call him, but really i dont know if i will because last cruise he drove me nuts calling constantly asking if other parties in our group were ready to book.... after i told him i would call him. Then he called me one day and asked me why someone in our group booked online instead of calling him? and i was like....well... i told them to call you but i guess they booked while at work??? i dont know. Then one night i called him to book someone and i could tell he was asleep and he asked if i would call him back the next day, so i did, but then the next day the price was up by $50 and he couldnt help us.

would you use this person again?

and do you think its sort of stalking? or am i just paranoid?:confused:

I think it has to do with logging in with your Past Guest number. It registers in Carnival's system and let's your PVP know you were online looking at cruises.

It has happened to me before. Most recently the day after I booked my upcoming cruise. When I told him I already booked, he looked in "a different part of the system" and saw I used a TA.

If you are logged onto Carnival's website, that is how they know you are looking at cruises and will call you. I always make sure I am logged off before looking at cruises.

It does sound like your PVP is a bit over zealous. You can always change PVP's or just request that they don't call you ever, that you will call them.

okay, so you guys pretty much agree thats its strange. and i will no longer log in. i guess that carnival has sucess with this strategy to continue doing it, but it does make me a bit uncomfortable. i dont want a call every time i am logged in. And esp. not that same person. he seems a little moody as well, sometimes helpfull, sometimes seemed aggravated. so ...

thanks for the responses. you guys are the best. seriously.;)

I do think its a little weird, but don't feel like he's singling you out. It's just the computer making him call. If it bothers you that much don't log in, and if he calls back just tell him you booked on another cruise line or something and that you wish to be taken off the call list. I suppose you could change your phone number in your Carnival account too. Just remember to change it back if and when you do decide to cruise.

I noticed that every time I went to carnival.com to look at cruises, the next day I'd get the call. Finally I asked him why it is he calls the next day every time. He told me he's alerted whenever I visited the site when I signed in but if it bothered me he could uncheck the box on his screen to stop being notified.

I haven't heard from him since. However I did book through a TA after that.

So last night i was searching cruiseses on carnival and our pVP from last cruise calls and stated that he saw that i was online looking at cruises. WHAT?????

i told him that whenever i was ready to book i would call him, but really i dont know if i will because last cruise he drove me nuts calling constantly asking if other parties in our group were ready to book.... after i told him i would call him. Then he called me one day and asked me why someone in our group booked online instead of calling him? and i was like....well... i told them to call you but i guess they booked while at work??? i dont know. Then one night i called him to book someone and i could tell he was asleep and he asked if i would call him back the next day, so i did, but then the next day the price was up by $50 and he couldnt help us.

would you use this person again?

and do you think its sort of stalking? or am i just paranoid?:confused:

Not stalking.... he's in sales! Our company subscribes to a service that tracks every computer that visits our website. :) People are always surprised when we call them the next day to see if they have any software needs.

We have been on 6 Carnival cruises and never booked using a PVP but have gotten a lot of calls from them from logging on. I have not gotten a call in quite a while but got one the other day because I put a price hold on a cruise.

He called me a couple of times and emailed me.

Anyway, I booked with him today and it was a good experience. I understand they are in sales, but it is good to have one single contact with Carnival.

Funny thing was that I told my wife that a PVP called me and gave his first name, she came back with his last name telling me that he called her about two years ago after she went online, so we must be on his list.

We have been on 6 Carnival cruises and never booked using a PVP but have gotten a lot of calls from them from logging on. I have not gotten a call in quite a while but got one the other day because I put a price hold on a cruise.

He called me a couple of times and emailed me.

Anyway, I booked with him today and it was a good experience. I understand they are in sales, but it is good to have one single contact with Carnival.

Funny thing was that I told my wife that a PVP called me and gave his first name, she came back with his last name telling me that he called her about two years ago after she went online, so we must be on his list.

May I ask what you mean by a "price hold"?

okay, so you guys pretty much agree thats its strange. and i will no longer log in. i guess that carnival has sucess with this strategy to continue doing it, but it does make me a bit uncomfortable. i dont want a call every time i am logged in. And esp. not that same person. he seems a little moody as well, sometimes helpfull, sometimes seemed aggravated. so ...

thanks for the responses. you guys are the best. seriously.;)

One thing you can do when you are checking for prices/exploring via Find a Cruise, in the "Special Rates" section, click on the box that says you don't want to enter your VIFP number (even though it is there and just greyed out. This prevents them from seeing you browse. Has worked for me for 2+ years !

Archived