Newbie Question re: wine

ravinblue

My wife and I are excited about our upcoming TA on the Reflection in a Concierge cabin. It is our first time cruising with Celebrity - previous cruises have been on small ships (Windstar) and river cruises.

We are not big drinkers and typically have, at most, a pre-diner cocktail or glass of wine and a glass of wine with dinner. I've already figured out that the drink packages would not be a good buy for us. But I am confused about buying wine by the glass or by the bottle or one of the wine packages. I do know that we can bring 2 bottles on board at embarkation, but none from the ports.

Questions:

1. Is there a wine opener in the room? If not, can we get the room steward to open it?

2. Is there a wine shop on board where we could buy a bottle to have in our room?

3. If we buy a bottle at dinner and don't finish it (likely), may we bring it back to our room?

4. The wine package prices do not look like a significant savings compared to buying a bottle at a time. Agree or disagree?

Thanks,

Frank

Questions:

1. Is there a wine opener in the room? If not, can we get the room steward to open it? Yep!

2. Is there a wine shop on board where we could buy a bottle to have in our room? Yep!

3. If we buy a bottle at dinner and don't finish it (likely), may we bring it back to our room? Yep!

4. The wine package prices do not look like a significant savings compared to buying a bottle at a time. Agree or disagree?Yep!

Thanks, Frank

You are welcome. :)

Also, if you buy a bottle in a restaurant, they can save it for you and bring it back the next night. You can even get it if you're in a specialty restaurant and your bottle was bought in the main dining room. We will sometimes have a bottle of red and white being held and will work them off over several nights.

Archived