time difference

gpost

If our ship docks in cozumel at 7 am is that cozumel time or ship time and what is the time difference 1 hr or two? For example if were on the ship and the clocks on the ship say 6.45am then when get off the ship what time would it be in cozumel? Also if we were doing the atlantis submarine excurrison would we make a 9am trip?

That's ship time :) Cozumel is on CST so it depends on what port you're cruising out of. If it's Florida then it's actually 6AM in Cozumel - if you're out of Galveston or NO then ship time is true to the time in port :)

Where/When/What ship are you cruising?

Reguardless of what time your Excursion will start, you go by Ships times, The Caper will inform you to change your times back or forward each night, also your Cruise Director will also let you know, When you hit Cozumel, ensure you check with the ships crew or even on your T.V. set, the ships time so that you can make your excursion time and return back at ships time and not be left behind.

Belize is 2, because of Daylight Savings time.

Isnt cozumel the same?

I can say with 100% certainty that Cozumel is currently one hour behind ship's time for ship's sailing out of the Florida. We sailed there in late April after DST had begun. Some in our group booked the dolphin swim independently and their confirmation explained the time difference very well. This site http://www.dcltribute.com/faq/timezone.htmwill also back this information up.

Ships do not change their time. They stay on the time as they left the home port. The only time they do change it is if DST occurs during the cruise. They never change it to match the port's time.

so if i want to book a 9am excurrison (not through the ship) then i would actually have 3 hours to kill before excurrison ,assuming that the ship will dock at 6am cozumel time and ship time will be 7am.

I'm not sure about other ships, but when we sailed the Paradise out of Miami last summer we were told to set our clocks back an hour when we went to bed the first night. (I just double checked my old Capers to make sure.) We stayed on this time until the night before we arrived back in Miami when we were told to set our clocks ahead an hour before going to bed. That meant we were basically on Central Daylight Savings Time Zone for our entire cruise even though we sailed from Miami in the Eastern zone.

I wish they would be specific and list the time zone information for each port in the Capers. If you take a ship tour then its not a big deal...just go by ship time. But for those people who book their own tours, it can get very confusing. I almost think Carnival purposely likes to keep people confused so they are more apt to book the Carnival excursions!! :rolleyes:

Archived