Tracking Cabin Prices Prior to Final Pay Date

docsdrillers

We're currently booked on the May 11th sailing of the Silhouette out of Venice.

The ship is very undersold currently in the suites categories and i've been tracking prices to see if there are any price drops prior to our final pay date on Feb 25th.

We are booked in a CS suite and i just noticed that all the CS cabins are now booked.

So how can one figure out if there is a significant price drop when their category of cabin is sold out?

Granted i'll be able to see if the Royal Suites were reduced but i can't assume that same discount would apply to the CS suites when there aren't any left.

Any insight would be appreciated.

My initial hopes were for either a price drop in the CS Suites or hoping to upgrade at a reasonable cost to a Royal Suite.

If a category is sold out then there can not be a price drop as there is no price to drop.

Also - they only reduce prices if they need to sell their inventory of unsold cabins. If all cabins are sold there is nothing to sell.

Bottom line is that the only way to get a price reduction in your situation is if you see the same category for sale at a lower price. The key phrase here is "for sale". If a category is sold out then there will be no more cabins for sale in that category unless there is a cancellation and, therefore, no more possibility of a price reduction unless there is a cancellation.

That was pecisely the point i was trying to get at but you laid it out perfectly.

On our sailing all 8 Royal Suites and Both Penthouses are unsold..rather a unique situation this late in the game.

There will have to be significant price drops in those 2 categories to move that expensive inventory which indirectly will affect those of us booked in the CS suites.

Because we can't get a a price drop on a category that is already sold out then the only option available to us would be an upgrade to a higher category should those prices come down as expected.

Perhaps that's why all the CS suites are sold out so that we are best positioned to upgrade.

If a category is sold out then there can not be a price drop as there is no price to drop.

Also - they only reduce prices if they need to sell their inventory of unsold cabins. If all cabins are sold there is nothing to sell.

Bottom line is that the only way to get a price reduction in your situation is if you see the same category for sale at a lower price. The key phrase here is "for sale". If a category is sold out then there will be no more cabins for sale in that category unless there is a cancellation and, therefore, no more possibility of a price reduction unless there is a cancellation.

Archived