HELP Miracle vs. Voyager

doornbos

We are currently booked on the January 1st, 2006 Carnival Miracle for my parents 50th anniversary. My folks have heard that the staff is not very good and the pool areas are not very big compared to RCCL Voyager. As a result, they have investigated pricing for the Voyager. They have never cruised Carnival, but have 12 RCCL cruises under their belt, so they feel safer there.

We have a handicap cabin on the Miracle, so bigger balcony, but the cabin available for RCCL is just a standard cabin.

Someone please give me an opinion.

Since it is their 50th anniversary, I would let them deside. There are very few complaints of substance with either ship, so either way you will have a good time. The Voyager is a much more impressive ship, but the service and food is very comparable to the Miracle.

The Voyager is a fantastic ship and the Spirit class is Carnival's best. Probably great time on either but Voyager gets the nod for the WOW! factor. Voyager is usually the cheapest Voyager class.

Mr. Mac

I am a died in the wool RCCL fan, but I loved the Miracle. The rooms are great, much bigger than most RCCL and the balcony was very nice, not huge, but nice. The food was better than RCCL and all the staff were wonderful to us, smiling and helping me (I use a cane to walk.) The decor of the ship is more understated than other Carnival ships in my opinion. I had no trouble finding a chair at the Aft pool (the adult pool).

I would let them decide, but the Miracle has really changed my opinion of Carnival cruising.

June

THe Miracle is GREAT!

We prefer that size ship over the Voyager -- we found the pool area great and always able to find a chair no matter what time of day.

I would highly recommend the Miracle.

We loved all the Spirit class ships Spirit, Legend, Miracle -- did not sail on the Pride but heard it was wonderful as well.

If you have children and a lot of activities such as skating, golf, etc you may want the Voyager but just too many passangers for us.

Either way enjoy !

I have sailed both the VOyager and the Miracle. If your parents are diehard fans of Royal then they should stay with whats comfortable.

I had a great time on both ships. (the voyager was too big for me)

but the food and service was jsut about the same on both those ships.

Pools? i think they are about the same size. We had friends in Cabin 6234 which is a handicapped cabin-- your parents will love the room in those cabins. I also think the Miralce was easier to navigate then the Voyager--maybe that was because the Voyager is too big.

Archived