Really need reservations for Tropicante?

atlantamoi

On an upcoming cruise our arrival at Costa Maya is 7:00am. I noticed on Tropicante's website they will only reserve tables for two hours after boat arrival. That means at 9:00am the reservation is potentially lost. Is this place often crowded and "sold out"? We are travelling with a 3-year-old and 6-year-old and might not have everyone ready and at that area by 9:00am.

This cruise is to be ultra laid back so I might just wing it to the Mahahual area... or since we do really want a shade covered spot just push it and be out the door very early.

Thanks!

How easy is it to get to Tropicante? I looked at the website and read his taxi directions but that just confused me more! Is it walkable from the pier? and if so how long of a walk is it?

Thanks

Laurie

I have walked it once and it took about 30 plus minutes. There is not much to see when walking and the sun can be very hot. It is much better to take the yellow taxis which cost only $3 each way. These taxis are just outside the cruise port and are easy to spot and have fixed prices. Enjoy.

I have walked it once and it took about 30 plus minutes. There is not much to see when walking and the sun can be very hot. It is much better to take the yellow taxis which cost only $3 each way. These taxis are just outside the cruise port and are easy to spot and have fixed prices. Enjoy.

Thank you! 30 minutes is to long to walk in the hot sun.

Laurie

I believe taxis are $2 (outside of the port area). Steve has a limited amount of tables, chairs, and loungers. That's why he asks for reservations to be made. Bring cash. No credit cards are accepted, but his prices are very reasonable. Free wi-fi in his restaurant, and an internet cafe around the corner ($1 for half an hour).

I am sitting at Tropicante right now. There have been several people who have tried to come without reservations and they have been placed on a waiting list. The water is beautiful today. I'm glad we decided to come here. I have had sangria and Iguana Eggs (jalepenos stuffed with chicken and cheese) and chips with guacamole. All of it is very good. We are stuffed!

I am sitting at Tropicante right now. There have been several people who have tried to come without reservations and they have been placed on a waiting list. The water is beautiful today. I'm glad we decided to come here. I have had sangria and Iguana Eggs (jalepenos stuffed with chicken and cheese) and chips with guacamole. All of it is very good. We are stuffed!

Send those people on the waiting list just down the beach to the Black Pearl. Same beach, good food and it's owned by Amber and Christina. An American and a Canadian. Couple of real nice gals.

Archived