Cave Tubing Crowds

CruiseBabe49

I was just wondering how packed the caves are with people, since there are so many excursions that go there. I was thinking of booking the cave tubing excursion through my cruise ship, but if the caves are wall to wall people I may rethink my decision.

Thanks!

Just got back less than 4 days ago and we were in groups of 8 people which was perfect. Check to be sure your head lamp light works before you start the walk to the caves as ours were very dim and barely working which made it hard to see anything. We did not see anyone else in the cave once we were in the water. Not crowded at all. We were there on a Wednesday.

The only place you might hit a crowd is at the end of the hike while waiting your turn to get into the river. If you get behind a few other groups, you could hang out there for 15-20 minutes.

Once in the river, the groups are pretty spaced out as other have said.

Usually they split up people into groups of 6-8 for the river. I think it has to do with a rule about the guest to guide ratio in the park.

Just got back from cave tubing booked through RC, we were there on a Monday and the crowds in the caves were ridiculous. I would NEVER recommend this tour. We spent a lot of time just sitting stationary in our tubes and then at the end you take a walking tour, this reminded me of standing in line at Disney world, extremely slow moving. Also I was a little grossed out having my ankles under a heavy set woman's armpits, just a little sweaty!

We were there last week. No problems with water level. Only a few places where you had to "butts up!". The day we were there there were four ships in port so there were lots of visitors. While the trail to the caves was busy the caves were not crowded since each group of 8-10 spreads out between each other. We went with Cavetubing.bz and were very pleased with their tour/service. Great price, too!

We are considering this when we go to Belize as well. I would recommend going to cruisecal.com to see how many ships are in port the day you are there. There is only one ship at Belize on the same day as us. We don't expect crowds to be a factor at all.

I would def keep an eye out on how many ships are in port! Back on Feb 7th we were there on our own and I know at the zip lines--they stated back in Dec they put through 950 people, a 1 day record! Place would have been a zoo, I'm sure the caves would have been the same!! Water level was fine that day as well

We were there on a Wednesday in mid Feb. and there were four ships in port! The cave parking area was bustling and there were lots of folks but there is a tendancy to spread out. We did not feel like we were in a packed cave. The group in front was far enough ahead that we hardly noticed them--same as the group behind us. Don't let the crowds keep you from enjoying this wonderful adventure. We booke with Cavetubing.BZ by the way. Highly recommend.

One thing that I appreciated about VIV ( Driver was Kareem) is that they got us to the caves quickly and early. We were some of the first people to arrive. I think that this made a huge difference in the crowding. We were out of the water in time to see a Carnival excursion just getting into the water :eek:. We were back at the port with gobs of time to spare. It was great.

One thing that I appreciated about VIV ( Driver was Kareem) is that they got us to the caves quickly and early. We were some of the first people to arrive. I think that this made a huge difference in the crowding. We were out of the water in time to see a Carnival excursion just getting into the water :eek:. We were back at the port with gobs of time to spare. It was great.

That's great to hear. I'm going with VIV in a couple of weeks!

Archived