Distance from Cemetery Beach to......

vital1

We are returning to GC in June and will be going back to Cemetery Beach (yay!). Last time when we were ready for lunch we went back to George Town, but this time we'd like to spend more time at the beach. How far of a walk back towards the pier is it from Cemetery to the first beach area with a restaurant?

Also, where is the BBD rum store in relation to the tenders? We couldn't find it last time.

Thank you in advance!

The closest restaurant to Cemetery Beach is in the opposite direction from the piers. Alfresco is a short walk past the Foster's grocery store which is so close to Cemetery Beach. (map at that link) This should be less than half a mile total. Since you can flag down a public bus to get back to the piers it really shouldn't matter much which direction you go.

Going towards the piers it is quite a bit further... all the way to Tiki Beach or slightly beyond to the newly reopened Surfside Bar. This would be about 1.5 miles, roughly.

Big Black Dick rum is sold by Blackbeard's Liquor stores. You can find it for sale in the lower level of the Island Plaza shopping centre (where Margaritaville is located) or the basement level of the Landmark Building (where Breeze's Restaurant is located).

I live almost next to cemetery beach...you're welcome to stop in for a sandwich. ;) There are not many options nearby...especially not on the beach. In the opposite direction from the pier, you'll also find Subway within a short walk or Timbuctuu along with Alfresco that was previously mentioned. Walking back toward the pier is Tiki Beach, but it is quite a long walk.

Thank you both! Can we go to Alfresco in our cover-ups? The boys will have on swim shorts and a t-shirt and I'll have on a cover-up that looks like a dress.

I looked at that house for sale on the path to Cemetery Beach:D. If I win the lottery I may become your neighbor!

Haha! I haven't even looked to see what that house is listed for...We actually live right before you get to the cemetery. We by no means won the lottery...my husband just had a job opportunity which led us to move from the US. It's been a great experience so far! :)

I think your beach attire would be fine for alfresco at lunch. Have fun!

Haha! I haven't even looked to see what that house is listed for...We actually live right before you get to the cemetery. We by no means won the lottery...my husband just had a job opportunity which led us to move from the US. It's been a great experience so far! :)

I think your beach attire would be fine for alfresco at lunch. Have fun!

My husand and I took a van TO cemetery beach last time we were there for $7 per person and then took the bus back for $2 per person. Do you know if you can take a bus TO and FROM cemetery beach? If so, where would you catch the bus to go there from the pier? Thank you!!

... cemetery beach? If so, where would you catch the bus to go there from the pier? Thank you!![/color]

Public buses leave from the depot next to the library on Edward St in George Town. Edward St runs parallel to the waterfront, two short blocks inland.

Any West Bay bus (routes #1 or #2) will go past Cemetery Beach.

When we went in November the cost was $2.50 per person each way. We walked into town as Drew states and must've looked like lost tourists b/c as soon as we turned the corner a taxi with WB in a gold circle honked at us and waved us over:D

• 3 months later...

We will be taking the public bus to Cemetery beach for the day. We always get off at Cemetery than walk back to Tikki beach to get the bus back to port. We are looking for a grocery store or sandwich place close to Cemetery beach. When I walk out of the path to the road and take a left....how far is subway or a grocery store???? Am I better off walking from the pier to the grocery store past Cheeseburger reef first for lunch to take to the beach??? We always stop at Fosters after our swim back to the ship to buy soda or what ever we forgot on the cruise!

How far is Hell after Cemetery beach???? Can we walk to hell??? We have never gone past Cemetery beach.

Ok yes I would like to stop at the Cemetery first before I go straight to Hell and back!!!!

Relax and enjoy life.

Foster's Republix is the closest grocery to Cemetery Beach. As you come out of the path back to the road turn left. Foster's is about a quarter mile on your left.

Continue past Fosters another quarter mile and you come to a four way stop. There is a Subway in the building on your right, Centennial Towers.

If you continue straight through that four way stop the road changes names from West Bay Rd to Town Hall Rd. Stay on Town Hall Rd as it curves to your right and keep going until it ends in about 0.8 miles. Turn left onto Hell Rd and the Hell gift shops will be just past the gas station on your left, about 0.1 miles from the turn off Town Hall Rd.

There are no sidewalks for this walk and you are out on the tropical heat. Be realistic about your stamina and don't overdo it.

• 1 month later...

I would HIGHY recommend passing on the Subway and heading to TimBucTuu. It was DELICIOUS! It's on the right hand side just past the 4-way stop. Bright green building. You can get Subway anywhere. ;) http://timbuctuu.com/

The Fosters has a limited selection of "to go" items, I don't recall seeing premade sandwiches or wraps there, but you could stop in.

Cemetary Beach back to the port is a LONG walk, I agree with the previous poster to respect the heat and the distance. Hop on a bus and enjoy some more of the island spots, rather than spending all that time walking.

• 1 month later...
The Fosters has a limited selection of "to go" items, I don't recall seeing premade sandwiches or wraps there, but you could stop in.

Do you know if Foster's sells beer and bottled water, or if not is there a liquor store close by in this area? Thanks in advance for the reply and the info!

Archived