Bayonne departure

njcruisingmom

Can anyone tell me how easy (or difficult) it is to arrive, park and embark at the Bayonne port. For example, do you pay for parking when you leave your car or when you return? Do they charge you for 7 days or 8? How difficult is it to get from your car to the terminal and then to the ship (we'll have two kids, lots of luggage.)

Thanks. We discovered it's definitely cheaper and easier for us to park there than to take a car service.

Its very easy, both oarking and dropping off. You drop off your luggage and your loved ones. The luggage is checked and you loved ones can wait for you as you drive around pay for your parking upon entrance-credit cards accepted. You then can either walk back to the area where you can meet your loved ones or you can van back---I walked it was about a city block. When you check in you are taken to aholding area(music some majic tricks to keep the kids happy- leomande and some food - then they call you to come out and your are bussed to the ship...couldn't be easier...

Last year on RCCL, we found embarking to be very easy, but disembarking was an absolute nightmare!!! I am hoping that a year later, the system is better! If you disembark at the same time that people are arriving for the next cruise, expect some traffic congestion - as a lot of people were not following the signs and were in the incorrect lanes at times. Plus add to that taxis and limos just sitting idle, and some major congestion can occur! Just be patient and you will get out of there!

we just returned on Saturday from the Zenith. We arrived at the port at about 12:15. My husband dropped 3 of us and the luggage and went to park the car. He was back in less than 10 minutes. We were checked in and on the ship within 20 minutes.

When we returned we got off the ship at 9:35. The luggage was sorted by the color tags. We got our bags and walked with them to the car and were on the road by 10:00. They have really made improvements since we were there in July 2004.

The parking lot charges when you get there and they charge for 7 days. The total is $84. We had always taken car service and this is the first time we drove to the port. We will never take car service again.

Archived