blue hole watersports vs stuart's cove snorkeling?

firstalaskatrip

Has anyone done snorkeling with both blue hole watersports and stuart's cove? Which do you prefer? Would it be worthwile to do both? We are staying in Nassau for several days (end of march) instead of doing a cruise, so we could do both. I understand Stuart's Cove is a decent bus trip away from downtown to get the the boat - is the viewing from their sites good enough to justify the time on the bus? Appreciate any info. Thanks!

Has anyone done snorkeling with both blue hole watersports and stuart's cove? Which do you prefer? Would it be worthwile to do both? We are staying in Nassau for several days (end of march) instead of doing a cruise, so we could do both. I understand Stuart's Cove is a decent bus trip away from downtown to get the the boat - is the viewing from their sites good enough to justify the time on the bus? Appreciate any info. Thanks!

Both of these outfits are top notch.

Stuart Cove is a world class dive shop with accolades from making shark movies etc. Their snorkeling tour includes a reef, a wreck and SHARKS. Its exciting and full of adrenaline. It's also usually a large group of people with diverse skills. Snorkeling from the south side of the island is generally better. Reefs are more viibrant, and the area pristine and natural, since there are no shipping lanes, grand hotels or cruiseships. Stuart Cove is just about the only outfit that uses this area.

BlueHole is just the opposite.. it's on the north side, near the cruise dock (at the Hilton).. it's a small, intimate outfit, that never has more than a handful of snorkelers.. so your day can be tailored to your interest and skill set.

Options include Sea gardens, living reefs and private beaches.

Neither has a negative side. Both terrific days on the water.

I wouldn't mind doing both if I had the time.

If you go out with Blue Hole.. tell them scubagirrl sent you..

Scubagirrl- thanks so much for your response! I was hoping you would respond. They both sound great, and it definitely sounds like it might be worth doing both. Think we are definitely going to do Blue Hold Watersports since we are staying at the Hilton. Will tell them you recommended them.

Do you think we would be able to play Stuart's Cover by ear once we are there? Since they are larger, can you usually make a reservation last minute? Or is this something we would have to plan in advance if we wanted to do both?

Scubagirrl- thanks so much for your response! I was hoping you would respond. They both sound great, and it definitely sounds like it might be worth doing both. Think we are definitely going to do Blue Hold Watersports since we are staying at the Hilton. Will tell them you recommended them.

Do you think we would be able to play Stuart's Cover by ear once we are there? Since they are larger, can you usually make a reservation last minute? Or is this something we would have to plan in advance if we wanted to do both?

Usually I'd say SC only needs a couple of days notice, but since you are there during Spring/Easter break, I'd recommend booking it in advance.

Same with Blue Hole.. they are a small outfit and will book up quickly.

Archived