Tour or private driver?

gambee

Hello everyone, this will be our first time in the Caymans we are trying to decide between Celebrity tour (Turtle, Stingray Land & Sea adventure GC57) or hiring a driver to take us around the island.

Any advise? I would appreciate any input, thank you all for stopping by.

welldone60 posted pictures of the tours w/prices available at the dock in Grand Cayman. We were there twice in Dec. and very easy to find what you'd like to do. We just wanted nice beach days and just needed rides to Seven Mile Beach. I never use ship tours and nearly always save money using private operators.

Hiring a driver won't get you to Stingray City as you'll need a boat for that. You can easily get a taxi to the Turtle Farm from the pier and there will be quite a few tour operators offering trips to Stingray City at the pier as well if those are the things you are looking to do. :)

As a side note, I spent hours reading your Allure review a few months back...very well done!

Hiring a driver won't get you to Stingray City as you'll need a boat for that. You can easily get a taxi to the Turtle Farm from the pier and there will be quite a few tour operators offering trips to Stingray City at the pier as well if those are the things you are looking to do. :)

As a side note, I spent hours reading your Allure review a few months back...very well done!

Thank you.

So you rather recommend I don't use Celebrity and do this on my own?

Yes, I it's easily doable on your own without using a ship tour...and I'm sure it would be less expensive that way too. :)

Thank you.

So you rather recommend I don't use Celebrity and do this on my own?

Yes, I it's easily doable on your own without using a ship tour...and I'm sure it would be less expensive that way too. :)

I will keep that in mind, the main reason that I was thinking on using Celebrity was because I wanted to avoid any issues with the tender process. I also have some OBC that I could make use of.

Thanks for the advice.

Archived