Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Of course the Pierce Morgan show has to go for the bad pun of "Triumph and Tragedy"

I have to admit, I was expecting more of the angry stories than I have seen so far. I think it shows that the crew did one great job. But, did they say they were unloading from upper decks down? If that is the case, some of the worst stories are on those lower decks. Might be some real fireballs in a couple of hours.

I thought it was the other way around...unloading the lower decks first.

my guess - zero

CC has a wide range of posters who span the spectrum of opinion... but if there's any hired shills I haven't seen them.

Not a hired shill here, but willing to be one for Celebrity... Not carnival.... not my favorite. I do think Carnival is doing a good job for an emergency that we don't even come close to fully understanding yet. I'll reserve full judgement for awhile. It is a little concerning that CCI has had the bulk of major problems the last few years with Splendour and Concordia.

This lady did not shower for 3 days also.. She looks like she was just at the hair dresser

I have never seen people coming off a trip from Hell who look as good as most who have been interviewed tonight by CNN.

Maybe the real victims who look worn out and haggard escaped us..........or are being held back by Carnival so they cannot tell their story

The crew are the real hero's. I hope they get real recompense for their effort.

To those asking about the investigation and to educate those who don't know about U.S. jurisdiction, the USCG boarded Triumph with CBP and began the initial stages of the investigation. Just like with Splendor, 18USC7 gives the USCG full jurisdiction over this ship due to their itinerary beginning or ending in the U.S., in this case, both. In time, a full USCG marine casualty report will be released by the USCG.

NTSB Press Release

National Transportation Safety Board

Office of Public Affairs

U.S. Coast Guard and NTSB launch investigation on the Carnival Triumph engine fire

February 12, 2013

Washington - The U.S. Coast Guard and the National Transportation Safety Board launched an investigation into the cause of an engine room fire that occurred onboard the Carnival Triumph, Sunday.

The Carnival Triumph experienced an engine room fire Sunday while on a four-day cruise from Galveston, TX, and has been without propulsion in the Gulf of Mexico since. The ship's automatic fire extinguishing systems activated and the fire was extinguished. It was reported that there were no injuries to guests or crew members.

The ship is expected to arrive in Mobile, AL, Thursday evening.

Because the Carnival Triumph is a Bahamian flagged vessel, the Bahamas Maritime Authority is the primary investigative agency. In accordance with international guidelines, the U.S. will participate in this investigation as a Marine Safety Investigative State.

Coast Guard members from both the Investigations and Cruise Ship Centers of Expertise, along with a representative from the Coast Guard Marine Safety Center will lead the U.S. investigation joined by a team of five investigators from the NTSB Office of Marine Safety and the Office of Research and Engineering. The purpose of the investigation is to identify causal and contributing factors that led to the incident. Additionally both the crew response and effectiveness of fire fighting systems will be evaluated to help prevent future incidents.

The U.S. team is expected to arrive in Mobile Wednesday. Results of the investigation will be released to the public once the investigation by the Bahamas Maritime Authority is complete.

NTSB Media Contact:

Office of Public Affairs

490 L'Enfant Plaza, SW

Washington, DC 20594

(202) 314-6100

Keith Holloway

keith.holloway@ntsb.gov

I've heard a little of everything. People are going to take/process things differently, anyway. Someone who is upbeat now might clear their head and think "wait, what?" While someone who is disgusted or scared or sick might get over it in a day or two.

Who cares, all of you are just using them to validate your posts on here.

Are none of you people listening to what the passengers are saying???

Doug

Yes. are you only watching fox news? If so, this is why - two different parties on CNN have admitted they have been told not to speak to media. CNN also confirmed this as first pax left.

Once again, I work media. This is not unusual for companies to use "don't speak to media" as damage control - this is first step. Why is that hard to believe? Can someone with a PR background back me up here?

what's happened to all the live coverage online?? a dozen sites are down...:confused:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/14/live-video-carnival-triumph-docks-in-alabama-now/

Sometimes you hear audio and they clearly aren't live on TV when the camera is zooming in and out - but you can still see things happening at dock.

Fox reporting that Cahill apologized on the ship's PA system. He would have done better to welcome them in person at the gangway IMO.

that would have been the proper thing to do... but they expect it to take FOUR HOURS to get everyone off... I'm sure he's sorry.... but....

that would have been the proper thing to do... but they expect it to take FOUR HOURS to get everyone off... I'm sure he's sorry.... but....

Yes, and logistically it would slow down disembark. I won't bve shocked if he calls the families over next week.

Edit: hey CCL, I am avail for freelance PR ;)

Archived