Peanut allergy and snack options on Dream?

acmama901

We will be first time cruisers this Fall on the Dream and our DS with a peanut allergy will be with us. I know Disney always addresses allergies in their restaraurants kindly and, I'm sure, will do so on the ship, as well. My question relates to snacks on the ship. I've read as much as I can find about available snacks, but cannot seem to find any info about what might be available other than cookies, ice cream, etc...DS is not a fan and I prefer not to risk a potential allergy complication. Are brand name items like goldfish or cheetos available for purchase anywhere on the ship?

Preludes by the Disney theater does sell snakcs like chips and such. I dont know about cheetos but I am cruising on her on the 28th of this month.

So I can look for you while I'm on board.

Preludes is only open during show times and then there is a snack bar outside the movie theater that has a few snacks for sale too and Room service also has a few snacks for sale as wella s all the free foods.

I dont know what is ok for yoru son but if you repsond to this post with alist of preferred snacks Like Cheetos I will take it with me and look for you while I am on the ship.

My e-mail is also at the bottom of my post, if you write to me with the list there it might be better. I will print it off and put it in my suitcase right away so I dont forget it.

As you stated the meals they will tell you what is ok and what isnt for your son, but be sure and ask the diningroom manager if they have any safe snacks on board that your son could have too.

We often take a bowl of cut fruits or whole fruits and put in our frig in the room for a light quick snack. Also in the buffet there are lots of jello, desserts, croissants, and small assorted things you can grab and put in your room for a quick snack.

we do it all the time. My husband is diabetic so sometimes he needs a healthy snack between meals .

Kathy

If you'd prefer the pre-packaged snacks, I'd recommend bringing them with you.

In addition to preludes, the gift shop also sells some of the Disney snack foods (the mickey head goldfish, taffy, and a few others).

With allergies, DCL does recommend eating in the dining rooms as much as possible (and lunch in the dining room is fantastic!).

I just got off of the Dream 4-night on Thursday. While I don't have food allergies, I currently breast-feed my 4-month-old son, and he does have a nut sensitivity. While it's not a full-blown allergy, I do avoid all nuts.

We didn't snack a great deal on the ship, owing to the fact that the meals filled us up. However, the ice cream bar (soft-serve and cones) was open all of the time...a great place for a nut-free snack. I do remember double-checking the ingredient list on the cones - they contain wheat and soy, but no nuts.

Cabanas is open for breakfast until 11 or 11:30, so you would certainly have options for snacks there throughout the morning. They often a range of foods, and my guess is that most would be devoid of nut products. Given the size of the Cabana buffet, I have no doubt that they would make anything they can to order for your son.

There's also the pool grill area, which serves hamburgers, pizza, salads, fruit, etc, throughout the afternoon. I didn't ask specifically if there were any nut products in the options, but superficially, I don't believe there were. At the very least, the fruit salad is a nut-free option. (I know, not what a kid would want to hear. I seriously don't remember a lot of snack-y type options during the middle of the day, however. I had a piece of pizza one afternoon, and an ice cream cone another.)

While not specifically related to your question, I agree with the PP to eat in the dining rooms as much as possible. I let our waiter know of our food sensitivity, and my dishes were cooked separately from the others' dishes every night. Most of the desserts were pretty easy to discern w/ respect to nuts...but on my last night, I ordered the divine-sounding sacher torte. The head waiter emerged a few minutes later to let me know that I couldn't eat it due to almonds. Not a problem...the passion fruit tart was also on my list, and happily was nut-free. :) They really did watch out for me, and we appreciated it greatly.

We were on the Fantasy last fall. My DH is allergic to all nuts, even traces. We were told to avoid all baked goods and anything with chocolate. The snacks you are talking about are also available in the wine shop. They have large bags of them. Also find the pasty chef. Usually around the hard serve ice cream station at the buffet lunch. We were able to get special desserts for our entire cruise.

Please remember to mention to supervisors when one of the staff goes out of their way to help. The staff get recognition for this.

Yes, we were on the Fantasy but I have been told that it is the same on the Dream.

Archived