Breakfast Suggestions - Fort Lauderdale

TessM

I'm travelling down to FLL early and arriving early morning 3 days before my sailing and I will have a car for just one day (the day I arrive). I'm planning to go to Saw Grass Mills and later down to the Miami Beach area for dinner with a friend. I'm going to return the car and then catch a cab to my hotel.

I've searched the board and found some breakfast suggestions along the beach (H20, Arubas, and Anglin's Beach Cafe). Those are great suggestions for my other two days but does anyone have any ideas for me for that first morning?

Something close to Saw Grass? Or, someone else that's a don't miss in Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks!

There is a Grand Lux Cafe at Sawgrass Mills mall, which has an extensive breakfast/brunch menu.

My fave breakfast places in Fort Lauderdale are St. Bart's Cafe (Fort Lauderdale Beach), The Floridian or La Bonne Crepe (both on Las Olas Blvd). Some people rave about O-B House near the Imax / Performing Arts Center.

Grandpa's is in Dania Beach, which is the south of the airport. It is good but may not be convenient. Sawgrass is about 20 min. west of the airport. There is a ton on construction on and around 595 so be wary of that. There is Lester's Diner on 136th Ave which is very close to Sawgrass. It is a typical Greek diner with large portions of hearty food. Can I recommend you try some Cuban food while you are down here? It is not spicy like Mexican food but very flavorful. The local Cubans like either Las Vegas or Padrinos. Ropa vieja is a wonderful pot roast type dish. Picadillo is ground beef based but my favorite is lechon asada which is roasted pork with onions on top. You got to try it.

Can I recommend you try some Cuban food while you are down here? It is not spicy like Mexican food but very flavorful. The local Cubans like either Las Vegas or Padrinos. Ropa vieja is a wonderful pot roast type dish. Picadillo is ground beef based but my favorite is lechon asada which is roasted pork with onions on top. You got to try it.

oh my! This sounds wonderful. Yes, I totally want to try Cuban food while in FL. I may have to keep the rental car an extra day so I check out both of these places.

Lechon Asada. I have to remember this.

Thanks...great suggestions.

Archived