Back from Elation

txteachers

Posted a review! Thanks for everyone's help in getting me ready for this trip!

:eek: Surprises:

no deck chair hogs (well maybe 1 or 2) Chairs always available

lots of space

able to find quiet places

not as much "partying" - which for me was a pleasant surprise

:o What I wish I would have taken:

a pair of blue jeans and sweat shirt for evenings on deck or in lounges - - really cold!

Had a great time, would love to go again. Would be thrilled to answer questions!

Thanks for the review. My question is regarding the all inclusive in Progresso. You paid $30, does that include the buffet? What time did you leave for you tour and what time did you get back? Did it allow time for shopping in Progresso? Any other information would be great.

Thanks,

djk

Hi

We will also be on the June 19 Elation cruise and were looking at the river and Mayan tour. I searched everywhere for a private tour operator and couldn't find one that would do both. Carnival does offer it for $69 per person. Did you find a private operator? We have a group of 8, maybe you could join us for a group of 10. Let me know. My email is vannwec@milwaukee.k12.wi.us

Libby

Posted a review! Thanks for everyone's help in getting me ready for this trip!

:eek: Surprises:

no deck chair hogs (well maybe 1 or 2) Chairs always available

lots of space

able to find quiet places

not as much "partying" - which for me was a pleasant surprise

:o What I wish I would have taken:

a pair of blue jeans and sweat shirt for evenings on deck or in lounges - - really cold!

Had a great time, would love to go again. Would be thrilled to answer questions!

TxTeacher, Welcome back. I am so glad you had fun!! Where can we read your review?? I don't see it posted. Thanks!

Where can we read your review?? I don't see it posted. Thanks!

Good question! I posted it under member reviews, it said it may take some time for it to show up. But since I've never posted one before, I may have done something wrong.:o

Hi

Did you find a private operator? We have a group of 8, maybe you could join us for a group of 10.

Libby

We were a little more carefree with arrangements and didn't make any in Progreso or Belize until we got off the ship. There were people all over the place with brochures, etc and willing to haggle over price.

I know there are risks, but we were willing to take them.

TXTeachers,

Unfortunatley you might have to re-write your review and post it on these boards as the reveiws in the review section do not always seem to get posted or if they do, they take a long time:)

Thanks for the review. My question is regarding the all inclusive in Progresso. You paid $30, does that include the buffet? What time did you leave for you tour and what time did you get back? Did it allow time for shopping in Progresso? Any other information would be great.

Thanks,

djk

We didn't do an all inclusive in Progreso - - sorry for that impression.

We did a $2 pp bus tour of the city. Hired a van taxi to take us to Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruins for $65 (for six people), no entrance fee for 13 and under, $6 pp for over 13.

We spent 2 hours at the ruins, maybe an hour total travel time, which allowed for plenty of time on the Corona Beach and shopping.

:) Hello,

didn't get to read your review either.. would love to since going real soon... so the ship was COLD :( was it just in the dining rooms or everywhere... any info would be great, going with 15 all ages... thanks..:p

Did I understand correctly that you stayed on the Riviera Deck in the #200 range. How was the noise level?

Noise was not a problem. One evening there were some teens in the hall - my husband opened the door and reminded them people were sleeping - - we never heard another peep!

:) Hello,

didn't get to read your review either.. would love to since going real soon... so the ship was COLD :( was it just in the dining rooms or everywhere... any info would be great, going with 15 all ages... thanks..:p

Cold in the dining room and Cole Porter's Lounge - - Tiffany's and the Mikado seemed better.

All ages - - we were from 13 - 70 and everyone had a ball! I'll get my review rewritten & posted again:(

Archived