How to convince friend to cruise with us

shorbr

Book a cruise that is driving distance for her. Baltimore maybe to Bermuda? We changed our cruise from Port Canaveral on FoS to New Orleans on NoS so my friend could go with us. It allowed us to see things I had originally overlooked (outside of how much fun she is to travel with) when I thought I had the "perfect" cruise on FoS:

-We'll get to cruise down the Mississippi which I've always wanted to do.

-We can afford a suite since she's going and bumps our total to 5 in a room - with all that goes with a suite.

-We can stay with her overnight cutting out a hotel room the night before the cruise.

Start looking for cruises that will work for all of you instead of just trying to convince her that what you want to do is best for her. You'd be surprised what you might find.

This would be my suggestion too.

If she REALLY dislikes flying, but takes the leap, she may find herself thinking about the flight home constantly during the cruise.

I don't think that would be much fun for her, ... or the rest of you.

I love the suggestions for taking the train. This is what her husband is leaning towards. As much as we would like them to go, I am unable to compromise by going with them on the train. We already purchased the airfare, and I absolutely hate that mode of transportation. It's too long.

I will suggest her getting something for anxiety from her physician, that is if she really wants to cruise and take a chance.

Archived