2139 on Infinity - how is this stateroom?

Marshmelo

I just booked cabin #2139 on Infinity. I could have booked on deck 9, but was afraid to since all the public areas are right above, thought it might be noisy. So, I opted for 2139. I have never been on such a low deck before? Are there any negatives to this location, aside from being far below the main activities?

We have a problem with all inside cabins - no matter where they are located. On our first cruise, our TA told us cabin didn't matter, you're not in there that much. We booked the inside due to price - why pay a lot for something we weren't sure we would enjoy!

Well, we found the experience wonderful however, the cabin wasn't. It wasn't the actual location on the ship that was bad, it was the total darkness at night in an inside cabin. I believe we only made one breakfast and were lucky to make it to shore excursions on time. We are the type to need light to wake us (in our bedroom during winter, we have a timer on a light so that it will come on right before the alarm clock), otherwise we hit the alarm or answer the wake up call and promptly go back to sleep.

And with the gentle rocking of the ship, we were easily lulled back to sleep. Next cruise, we booked an oceanview and left the curtains ajar a little. Just that little bit of light was enough.

Archived