Future Cruise Certificate, or Book On Board?

SkyMaster

The lovely Mrs. Jones and I are getting ready to "pull the trigger" for an 8 day aboard the beautiful Carnival "Breeze" this fall, and I have several FCC's so could use one of them for that cruise, but it occured to me that since we'll be aboard the lovely "Ecstasy" next week, we could book on board, and perhaps get the same "perks", while saving the FCC's for a later cruise. I can't seem to find anything that gives me the exact requirements, or precisely what you get for the on board booking. Any of you have any thoughts on this,,,,,and what would you do? :confused:

THANKS!

"SKY"

HMMM,,,guess nobody knows which, if either, is better. I may just wait until I get aboard "Ecstasy", and see what they offer for booking on board, and if it isn't equil, or better, then I'll book when I get home. I think I've read that the OBC is the same for both. :confused:

"SKY"

You get the same OBC when you book onboard that you would get if you used the FCC. So, assuming that your FCCs aren't going to expire soon, I would book onboard and save the FCCs for another cruise since you can't buy them any more.

You get the same OBC when you book onboard that you would get if you used the FCC. So, assuming that your FCCs aren't going to expire soon, I would book onboard and save the FCCs for another cruise since you can't buy them any more.

Thanks Chick. That's exactly what I was thinking. Since we can't buy the FCC's anymore, I figured I'd save 'em. We cruise 4 or 5 (or 6) times a year anyway, so the FCC's absolutely won't expire! ;) I'll see what the situation is aboard "Ecstasy", then book if it looks O.K., or just wait till I get home, and use one of the FCC's if there's any doubt. Looks like a winner to me.

"SKY"

If you used your Future Cruise Cerificate you would get so much money off your cruise and OBC. If you wait to booking while on board your next cruise here is what you would get. Hope this helps you to decide. I really wish they still sold the FCC's.

What is the Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is fleet wide with the exception of the Carnival Triumph, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation.

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* USD per stateroom.

• The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 USD per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 USD per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 USD per stateroom on a 7-11 day cruise

• $200.00 USD per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

• Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

• The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.

• The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing

Thanks for this info. I was wondering the same thing too. We have FCCs which expire next February. We are on the Elation in a couple of weeks and were planning to book again. My only question is this: By using our FCCs isn't our initial deposit less than if we book on the ship. For some reason, I thought the FCC was all that was required as a deposit versus the $500 (or whatever it is) that we will have to pay on the boat. Am I correct that we are better off to use the FCCs?

Thanks for this info. I was wondering the same thing too. We have FCCs which expire next February. We are on the Elation in a couple of weeks and were planning to book again. My only question is this: By using our FCCs isn't our initial deposit less than if we book on the ship. For some reason, I thought the FCC was all that was required as a deposit versus the $500 (or whatever it is) that we will have to pay on the boat. Am I correct that we are better off to use the FCCs?

Well, you already paid $100 for the FCC, and everytime I've used an FCC, the $100 was deducted from the final payment, rather than the deposit? (Comes out the same in the end I guess.) It appears the OBC is the same for either one, so if you're sure you'll use the FCC before expiration, then you might be better off, (as I am) to go ahead and book onboard. I've decided to wait till I'm onboard "Ecstasy" and see how it looks, before I use one of the three FCC's I've got left. Good luck to you as well.

"SKY"

What?? When did they stop selling the FCC? I didn't know that! Bummer! I should have gotten one on my cruise in August...they were still selling them then.

I bought one in September, and the lovely Mrs. Jones took a Med Cruise aboard "Breeze", with a B2B of the TransAtlantic in November. She bought two on the TransAtlantic in November, and they told her that she got the very last that were sold. As noted, you can get the same OBC now by booking aboard. Not nearly as convenient, but what can you do? :confused:

"SKY"

Archived