Taxi from Coxen Hole to Infinity Bay

peggy1

How much should it cost to go to Infinity Bay roundtrip per cab? I have read many conflicting amounts, but am never sure if people are quoting per person or per cab. I know if you walk outside the fenced area you get a better deal with the cabs. The last time we were there it was so chaotic that I don't remember exactly what we paid, so I would appreciate it if someone who has been there lately could comment. Thanks.

What it should cost is the mystery.;) What you WILL pay will depend on whom you make a deal with. $25 each way for two people would be the most I'd want to pay. Anything over that would be up to you. Supply and demand will be the key.

Another option, before looking at cabs, is to walk over to the tour buses/groups/drivers and see if any have a couple empty seats that will provide you a ride straight to West Bay. Many tours then end up at the beach so then you can catch a ride back when they come with the original tour group. That's what we did on one trip. We paid 18$ each..$36 total round trip. Something for you to look at.

eandj summed it up pretty well. Not the answer your going to want to hear, but it is going to depend on lots of different factors

• Supply & Demand (ie number of cruiships in port, time of day, etc)
  • Your ability to speak Spanish
  • Your ability to negotiate
  • Your ability to just say no and ask the next taxi

I've paid less than $10 one way and I've also paid closer to $15. It sucks, but it really depends. The price should be for the Taxi, not per person.

Almost all taxi's I have done round trip deals with will come back and pick you up at an agreed upon time.

I've even had a couple extremely honest taxi drivers insist on not paying them until the return trip has finished. (meaning you will know for sure they are going to wait for you at agreed upon place)

Jason

Just got back from an NCL cruise with stop in Roatan - Coxen Hole. Once outside the terminal there are a dozen or so white kiosks with "Independent Drivers", buses, Victor Bodden, etc. all vying for the tourist dollar. We took an Independent Driver to West End Bay. It cost $15 per person round trip. We were not happy as we had to wait about 15 - 20 mins till they got another couple to share our ride. The driver/car overheated once on top of the mountain going to the beach and we lost another 30 mins while the driver cooled the engine and got water into it. Other official taxis and a white bus passed us by with tourists going to the beach. So if we did it again...and we will as the snorkeling and day was superb - we would either look into the white small bus and see what they were about or head straight for an official taxi. By husband was approached by a driver for the day for $30 and he turned him down...I was in the terminal ladies room while this transaction took place....we should have taken that offer.

Hope this helps. Bottom line: look into the white buses for cost, time table, and wait...or just get a taxi.

Archived