Tell me about Chankanaab please

cruzinlisa

We are going to Cozumel in April on Carnival Conquest. We are trying decide what to do. It will be DH (who is relatively active), me (who has a knee and ankle injury, hobbling), and our just turned 2 year old DD (who is pretty typical). DH loves to snorkel. I did not like it because the vest and fins made me float too much and it just was not fun. Plus, I could only do walk into the water, as I cannot get in and out of a boat. Anyway. I like to look at beaches but am more of a pool person.

Last trip we went to Paradise beach and liked it a lot. But I would like to do something different. So we are looking at either Chankanaab or Mr. Sanchos. I am pretty sure I know what Mr. Sanchos is about. But I dont know much about Chankanaab.

Please tell me what it is like, what kind of things there are to do, what the cost is to get in, what costs extra, etc. Also, is this something that would be good with our DD, or would we be better to hit up a beach club.

We went to Chank as part of dolphin excursion, but when I researched recently, it was $21 for park admission. We were told snorkel gear was $15 per person, but I think if you walk down the beach to the left it is negotiable at some of the dive shacks. There are free lockers, and clean facilities. There is a pool and also a kid friendly beach area. Further down on the left (if you can hobble down that far) are some less crowded restaurants and free lounge chairs and umbrellas. The nearby restaurant (Bucaneros) delivers food and drinks to the beach chairs. I heard the snorkeling was great, and it looked easily accessible. My husband got a great deal at one of the dive shacks. He paid $45 to go out alone with a guide. He said it was amazing and negotiated a second trip out for only $21. We had a great day there!

Archived