Attempt at a Semi- LIVE report from the Adventure of the Seas b2b, Feb 17 & 24, 2013!

ckrobyn

Robyn- I have enjoyed reading this posting. Mom and I are sad to be away from the ship but very happy to be home. We had a horrible trip back home. The San Juan Airport kept us waiting in line for 3hrs to get our luggage checked in then when we got to Washington D.C. our flight was delayed several times due to the blizzard conditions in Colorado. We finally arrived in Colorado on Monday morning at 3am. I have been very tired since getting back home and getting use to the high altitude again.

Mom and I enjoyed meeting everyone and wish we could have hung out more with everyone. We had a blast on our first cruise and look forward to taking another cruise very soon. We enjoyed the staff and the food. Everything was so great. We wish we could have done more on the ship but everything was booked at the same time as something else we wanted to do. We will never forget Nurse Nancy. Carole and Nick were awesome and we enjoyed spending the day with them in Nervis.

I will enjoy to continue to read your posts and can't wait to see the photos you post when you return. Hope to stay in touch and be on a same cruise with you someday.:D

Thank you,

Michelle

2 Question's.

1. Is the Premium Drink Package worth the price. 2 person in a cabin $770 for a 7 night cruise?

2. Beside the Drink Menu I find on the web. What other drinks can you purchase with the drink package?

Thanks 940 hours until we sail on AOS.

We did not purchase any drink packages as we would never get our money's worth! That being said, our tablemates are on the package and are loving the convenience of it - not having to sign for every drink etc....

Adventure is docked in St. Lucia. Next port of call will be Barbados.

Here we are !!!! In sunny St. Lucia!!!!

I nominate Ocean Boy as the official navigation expert :p:p

I did the see the lights of Montesserat (sp?) and I did wonder what island that may be? Thanks for the info!!!

Robyn-Who is the cruise director? Thank YOu for taking everyone with you on your wonderful vacation. You have provided me with wonderful and advice over the years. Continue to enjoy the Adventure.

Angela

aaaaaw Angela, thanks :o It truly is a pleasure and I am enjoying providing this LIVE report more than I thought I would!!!!!

Robyn- I have enjoyed reading this posting. Mom and I are sad to be away from the ship but very happy to be home. We had a horrible trip back home. The San Juan Airport kept us waiting in line for 3hrs to get our luggage checked in then when we got to Washington D.C. our flight was delayed several times due to the blizzard conditions in Colorado. We finally arrived in Colorado on Monday morning at 3am. I have been very tired since getting back home and getting use to the high altitude again.

Mom and I enjoyed meeting everyone and wish we could have hung out more with everyone. We had a blast on our first cruise and look forward to taking another cruise very soon. We enjoyed the staff and the food. Everything was so great. We wish we could have done more on the ship but everything was booked at the same time as something else we wanted to do. We will never forget Nurse Nancy. Carole and Nick were awesome and we enjoyed spending the day with them in Nervis.

I will enjoy to continue to read your posts and can't wait to see the photos you post when you return. Hope to stay in touch and be on a same cruise with you someday.:D

Thank you,

Michelle

Michelle it was great to meet you too!!! Glad you made it home safely.

Until we meet again on a ship somewhere, take care!!!:)

Hi Robyn!

My friend, Jackie & I had a wonderful cruise last week on AOS! Thanks for planning the meet & mingle, as well as the cabin crawl.

I love St. Martin. My husband & I have vacationed there several times. I purposely chose a cruise that didn't stop at that port b/c it just wouldn't have been enough time for me!

It's fun to read this report & imagine that I'm sitting on the balcony instead of facing the reality of watching the rain change to snow in central Ohio.

Have fun!!

It was wonderful to meet you! I really enjoyed the cabin crawl too:)

Just in case you were wondering - the weather today in St.Lucia is hot and sunny!!!!!

aaaaaw Angela, thanks :o It truly is a pleasure and I am enjoying providing this LIVE report more than I thought I would!!!!!

Robyn, I am sure you are all over it anyway, but would you mind scanning and posting the daily Cruise Compasses and bar menus when you return? :) If I missed that suggestion already in this thread somewhere I apologize.

With just under a month before we sail, reading your fantastic updates and following along with OB, I am becomming obsessive about planning :cool: I've been trying to "recruit" folks from our 3/24 AOS roll call to this thread. ;)

~Bob~

Good Morning from lovely and sunny St. Lucia :D According to Ocean Boy we are docked here with the Carnival Valor, but I don't see the ship?? Maybe they are at another dock if there is one? Ocean Boy - figure this out.

Right now I am sitting in the "Rum Shop" enjoying free WiFi and doing a little shopping :rolleyes:

Someone asked who the CD is, it is Jerome Sauer (sp?) he is actually the Activities Manager moonlighting as the CD while Anthony Richards is in Miami this week. Anthony will resume his duties as CD when he returns to the ship next week.

Last night was the Cocktail Party for suite guests and the opportunity to meet senior management and of course the Captain. With all due respect to the Captain - he is not really that visible or sociable when he is. I have sailed with Captain's where I have looked forward to their announcements, but this one just doesn't seem to have any sense of humor :confused: He's probably a great person....and seems like a good leader, and at the end of the day, that is what matters most!!! The Love and Marriage Game show and late night dance party and buffet by the pool also took place last night - very fun :) Tonight is the Quest - we will definitely be there, last week was a blast!!

We are really having a wonderful and relaxing cruise vacation. I think since we have been to these islands so many times, we don't feel the need to try and do and see everything. When we are finished here, we will head back onboard and spend a nice afternoon soaking up the St. Lucia sunshine!!!!

Tomorrow we will be in Barbados - we love this island!! We have pre-reserved a day pass including lunch at the Hilton Hotel at Needham's Point. We have done this before and it has proven to be a wonderful day!!!

Thanks for following along - and thanks to Ocean Boy for ensuring I know where I am at all times!!! LOL :p

Robyn, I am sure you are all over it anyway, but would you mind scanning and posting the daily Cruise Compasses and bar menus when you return? :) If I missed that suggestion already in this thread somewhere I apologize.

With just under a month before we sail, reading your fantastic updates and following along with OB, I am becomming obsessive about planning :cool: I've been trying to "recruit" folks from our 3/24 AOS roll call to this thread. ;)

~Bob~

Bob, if you do a search on the main boards for a Blog by Norbert's Niece, you will find that she has already scanned all the compasses and menus.

You will have an awesome cruise on this fantastic ship!!!!

Robyn--

As so many others have said, thank you for taking the time to keep us all updated. I am really enjoying this "virtual cruise", and can't wait to see your pictures when you return.

I'm one of those people who likes to know what I'm going to see before I get there because it just makes it easier for me to settle in!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Beth

Good Morning from lovely and sunny St. Lucia :D According to Ocean Boy we are docked here with the Carnival Valor, but I don't see the ship?? Maybe they are at another dock if there is one? Ocean Boy - figure this out.

The schedules say Valor is in St. Lucia and the maps show Valor in St. Lucia. If you say it is not there then I have no clue. The harbor is U shaped. You are docked where all of the shops are at Point Seraphine and Valor is shown as being in the "middle" of the U downtown. I don't remember there being a dock there the lat time that I was in St. Lucia. But it is a Carnival ship. I guess it could be anywhere.:confused::eek:

Edited by Ocean Boy

~Bob~

Bob they will not let me upload the drink menu so if you email me at aos472013@yahoo.com I will send you that and a lot more information.

The schedules say Valor is in St. Lucia and the maps show Valor in St. Lucia. If you say it is not there then I have no clue. The harbor is U shaped. You are docked where all of the shops are at Point Seraphine and Valor is shown as being in the "middle" of the U downtown. I don't remember there being a dock there the lat time that I was in St. Lucia. But it is a Carnival ship. I guess it could be anywhere.:confused::eek:

The last time I was in St Lucia their is the pier where AOS id docked and another on the opposite side of the bay. Which should be visible from the AOS in port.:confused:

~Bob~

Thanks Robyn!!!

Bob.... Compasses in sig below :D

First off, let me say that I don't doubt what Boavfan said about her return trip at all. However, in the past when we have left San Juan we did not encounter such problems as a 3 hr. wait to check our luggage. Since we will be on the next sailing of the Adventure I would appreciate it very much if anyone could let me know, is this now the norm in San Juan?

We got off Adventure last Sunday 2/24.

San JUan arport could not have been easier.

I never want to cruise out of anywhere else.

I wonder what airline she was flying? I am sure the weather had something to do with it, but we did not experience that at all.

~Bob~

You have Mail!:D

When we flew out of Sj in Jan, we had a early afternoon flight 2PM. When we got to the airport at around 9:00am, we went to the US Airways check-in, were immediately instructed to go thru agriculture inspection with our bags, took all of 5 mins to walk them thru. Then went back to check in and waited about 5 mins for a computer, where we printed out luggage tags, then took bags to the drop off, took about 15 mins total. However the guy that was directing people was also checking flight times, and if your flight was 3 pm or later you were told to come back in three hours. So that might be why she had to wait so long. We hung around the baggage area for about 45 mins with friends, and never saw any delays at the check-in.

The longest line we saw was for security, around noon, it was quite long.

We are at DFW airport waiting for our flight to sunny San Juan where we will board Adventure of the Seas on Sunday. Robyn I have really enjoyed the preview of all the great things to expect on board. Sounds like you are having a great time. We are B2B as well so hoping our trip will just as fantastic. Enjoy the last few days on Adventure and remember the best way to combat post cruise depression is to plan your next cruise (or 5)!

Edited by eel

Adventure is sailing south along the coast of St. Lucia. It should be by the Pitons as I write this. Valor is sailing north. That ship has to be in the harbor somewhere!:confused:

Adventure is 30 miles from the St. Vincent and the Grenedines. It should be on the startboard side of the ship later this evening. Brilliance of the Seas departed Barbados earlier and is on its way back to San Juan. You may see it later on your port side. No other cruise ships are nearby. Adventure is the only cruise ship scheduled for Barbados tomorrow.

Have a good evening aboard!

Edited by Ocean Boy

Robyn .... great job! I'm loving the posts .... now I guess I'll hope they sent Claudia to Celebrity Summit!! Wouldn't that be a surprise ;)

Barbados is possibly our favorite island ... & the first island on our Summit cruise.

Ocean Boy ... great job on the geography & location of the AOS ..... Loving it!:)

After reading these boards in 2007..we learned very quickly that we should fly home the day after the cruise. We will be sailing on the Adventure again in 10 more days..Yippeee...Once again we will be coming home on Monday.

We had countless members on our previous roll call that spent 2-3 hours inline at the ag inspection before going to security. Of course everyone had missed thier flights. Was it older equipment that played a roll who knows. If you have 2-3 cruises ships full of passengers all trying to be at the same place at the same time, lines are going to be long.

Angela