Haven Question

travlinbug

Hi! Considering a cruise on Breakaway. Would be new to NCL. I would want to book a suite with access to the Haven. On some dates,the cabin that most suits me is not actually on one of the haven decks but has access and is inclusive of all the same perks. I wouldn't mind having to go to another deck for the courtyard,lounge,etc...but am wondering if guests in these cabins(such as aft facing penthouse) get "slighted" when it comes to service from the butlers,stewards,concierge,etc? Would my cabin be an afterthought for an employee who is already constantly busy with his guests on the actual Haven decks? I would prefer the living/dining configuration of an aft-facing Haven penthouse over the Haven penthouse balcony or Spa suite. I would prefer the dining table for in cabin dining that seems lacking in those other 2 cabins. Of course,the owners' suites would be perfect but are already booked on the dates I am considering. Perhaps people with "Haven" experience can comment?? Perhaps I would book a 2 bedroom villa in Haven even if I don't need the extra bed?:confused:

Hi! Considering a cruise on Breakaway. Would be new to NCL. I would want to book a suite with access to the Haven. On some dates,the cabin that most suits me is not actually on one of the haven decks but has access and is inclusive of all the same perks. I wouldn't mind having to go to another deck for the courtyard,lounge,etc...but am wondering if guests in these cabins(such as aft facing penthouse) get "slighted" when it comes to service from the butlers,stewards,concierge,etc? Would my cabin be an afterthought for an employee who is already constantly busy with his guests on the actual Haven decks? I would prefer the living/dining configuration of an aft-facing Haven penthouse over the Haven penthouse balcony or Spa suite. I would prefer the dining table for in cabin dining that seems lacking in those other 2 cabins. Of course,the owners' suites would be perfect but are already booked on the dates I am considering. Perhaps people with "Haven" experience can comment?? Perhaps I would book a 2 bedroom villa in Haven even if I don't need the extra bed?:confused:

You'll have the same treatment. Staying "in" the Haven doesn't mean you're tripping over your butler all the time. If you dine in the Haven restaurant, you'll see the concierge the same amount as everyone else. The only difference would be that you may see the concierge if you're leaving the Haven area to go to dinner or just to wander around, but even then, only if you go by the concierge desk.

I could be wrong, and I am sure someonw will tell me if I am, but I do not believe normal aft-facing penthouse suites have access to the Haven. From my understanding, the only suites that have access to the Haven (and are not located on the Haven level) are the Owner's Suites. Breakaway may be different though. And apparently I should have looked at NCL before commenting, because you are right and I am wrong!

I could be wrong, and I am sure someonw will tell me if I am, but I do not believe normal aft-facing penthouse suites have access to the Haven. From my understanding, the only suites that have access to the Haven (and are not located on the Haven level) are the Owner's Suites.

On the Epic, Breakaway, and Getaway all suites have access to the Haven.

On the new ships...Epic, Breakaway and Getaway only, not on the older ships.

I believe that NJhorseman is correct. We were on the Pearl in an aft suite and did not have Haven access. We did ask our concierge for a tour and saw what we were missing.

In May we have the S9 cabin and it has both spa and Haven access included.

Thanks--the aft facing penthouse suite I am referring to is listed specifically as "Haven". I know there are similar nonhaven cabins at a less expensive price.

They are not similar cabins if they don't have Haven access, because all suites on the Breakaway have Haven access. If a cabin on the Breakaway doesn't have Haven access it isn't a suite.

From my understanding all Cabins Categories that start with an "S"

have access to the Haven. Even if they are located in AFT

Easiest way to remember - ALL Suites with suite services (concierge, butler, special breakfast and lunch venue, etc) start with the letter S. The second character of the suite designation refers to Haven access - all Haven suites have a number after the S (ie. S1, S3, S5 ); all non-Haven suites have a letter after the S designation (ie. SA, SB, SC, etc). This makes it very easy - for example the Owners Suites on the Gem have Haven access, so are S3 (I think), but on the Sun there is no Haven, so the Owners suites are (I think) SA designated.

Robin

Easiest way to remember - ALL Suites with suite services (concierge, butler, special breakfast and lunch venue, etc) start with the letter S. The second character of the suite designation refers to Haven access - all Haven suites have a number after the S (ie. S1, S3, S5 ); all non-Haven suites have a letter after the S designation (ie. SA, SB, SC, etc). This makes it very easy - for example the Owners Suites on the Gem have Haven access, so are S3 (I think), but on the Sun there is no Haven, so the Owners suites are (I think) SA designated.

Robin

There are exceptions on ships without a Haven. The Garden Villas on the Dawn and Star are designated S1...but they are such special accommodations they could be considered their own self-contained Haven.

Archived