Cannes to Eze Village

bbkarls

Well, if you get off the train at the Eze/Bord sur Mer station a taxi should not cost you much more then 20 Euros to get up to Eze Village. However, that is assuming you can find a taxi. There are seldom to never any taxis sitting around at that small train station. You generally need to call for a taxi (there used to be a café across the street where they have a phone). There is also a bus route that goes from that station up to Eze Village but the timing may or may not work depending on when you get to the station. Keep in mind its a good 1 hour (each way) by train plus the time to get to and from the station. Personally, given the time and hassle we would generally go to St Paul de Vence instead of Eze Village. But that is just a matter of personal preference.

Hank

Thanks Hank-I went to St Paul de Vence a few years back and would love to go again but spouse is not interested. I really want to get to Eze village so may ride the train to Eze and see what happens-just enjoy the scenic ride(is it?) and go back to wander around Cannes.

Thanks Hank-I went to St Paul de Vence a few years back and would love to go again but spouse is not interested. I really want to get to Eze village so may ride the train to Eze and see what happens-just enjoy the scenic ride(is it?) and go back to wander around Cannes.

Ok, so we do think you have the right idea. When you get off at Eze/Bord sur Mer (about 10 min past Nice) you should walk out to the road where you can see the posted bus schedule. If a bus is coming within a reasonable time period that is a good way to go since it only costs 1 Euro per person. If not, you can go across the road where there is (or at least was) a small café and I am sure they would be happy to get you a taxi if you buy a coffee or beer.

Hank

My wife and I docked in Cannes last August, and wanted to visit Eze. We went a little crazy and rented a car! (shared cost with another couple we met on Cruise Critic). It was a bit nerve wracking, but in the end, so worth it. We enjoyed the drive along the coast, then the crazy winding road up to Eze. This helped maximize our time in the village. You could maximize even more by driving straight inland from Cannes and taking the highway (we did this on the way back and it cut travel time by more than half...it's just not nearly as scenic).

We rented from "Mistral Location"...very near the tender drop-off point. Decent price. The only issue we had was the tricky parking in Eze. Prepare to zip through the village once or twice looking for a spot.

Overall, Eze was well worth visiting, though.

We did a private tour this past fall with Michel from Exclusive Riviera Tours. Picked us up at the port, went to St. Paul de Vence, Eze and then on to Monte Carlo and Monaco. If you did a tour by yourselves, he will customize it.

He was delightful and we got so much in to see in one day it was amazing.

Here is his website :

http://frenchrivierasightseeing-tourguide.com/

Thanks to all for your responses-spouse does not want to drive in any european location-nor do I-we are aware of the holiday -and the slow tendering so we will try for the train then bus or taxi to Eze-hopefully it works but we are prepared to be flexible and see what happens-just consider it an adventure. Brenda

Thanks to all for your responses-spouse does not want to drive in any european location-nor do I-we are aware of the holiday -and the slow tendering so we will try for the train then bus or taxi to Eze-hopefully it works but we are prepared to be flexible and see what happens-just consider it an adventure. Brenda

Everything will probably go well - you seem to have the right idea of what you need to do. A possible plan B to consider if things don't work out at the train station to get to Eze is just taking train back to Antibes and strolling the sites there.

Archived