Port or Starboard side better for balcony cabin on Eastern Med cruise?

jldev

We are thinking of booking onto NCL Jade's Eastern Med cruise which does the ports of Katakolon (for Olympia), Piraeus (for Athens), Izmir (for Ephesus), Istanbul and Naples. We'd plan to book a balcony and I wonder if, on that itinerary, is there a particular advantage to being located port or starboard?

we just did this trip in January - minisuite 11104 on the Starboard side.

The ship follows a pretty similar route back and forth -- so for half the trip, we saw the shore line and for the other half, we saw the sea-- so I don't think it matters

btw - you pull into Istanbul during the day - on our cruise, CD Gary hosted in the Spinnaker Lounge (Dk 13 FWD) and described what we were seeing - which was AWESOME!

We went through the Messina Straits and passed Stromboli at night, so we didn't really see them. Just lights in the distance.

ENJOY!

we just did this trip in January - minisuite 11104 on the Starboard side.

The ship follows a pretty similar route back and forth -- so for half the trip, we saw the shore line and for the other half, we saw the sea-- so I don't think it matters

btw - you pull into Istanbul during the day - on our cruise, CD Gary hosted in the Spinnaker Lounge (Dk 13 FWD) and described what we were seeing - which was AWESOME!

We went through the Messina Straits and passed Stromboli at night, so we didn't really see them. Just lights in the distance.

ENJOY!

Thanks so much, that is great to know and that's wonderful you enjoyed your cruise :)

If sailing away from Venice, portside view is awesome.

Oh I wish but, as we'd be going in January, they only have sailings out of Rome.

Archived