How do I make sure RCL DON'T upgrade us

jarz85

Hi just a quick question. We have a Royal Family Suite booked on the Allure but RCL is having trouble selling all the Crown Loft suites. I have a feeling they are going to 'upgrade' us to a room we do not want.

I can't see on my reservation where I can make sure they DONT upgrade us. It would be very disappointing to turn up to the pier and be changed into a CLS. We want the really big balcony in the RFS!

Hi just a quick question. We have a Royal Family Suite booked on the Allure but RCL is having trouble selling all the Crown Loft suites. I have a feeling they are going to 'upgrade' us to a room we do not want.

I can't see on my reservation where I can make sure they DONT upgrade us. It would be very disappointing to turn up to the pier and be changed into a CLS. We want the really big balcony in the RFS!

Call whoever booked your cruise and ask them to put "No upgrade" in your booking notes.

Call whoever booked your cruise and ask them to put "No upgrade" in your booking notes.

Also, sign into your Crown and Anchor account online, navigate to the member area, upgrade preferences, and selct what you want.

bobj

Wow super fast replies, thanks!

However... we booked directly through the Royal Caribbean Australia site.. so haven't spoke to anyone.

Also, this is our first Royal cruise... so no C&A number as yet haha!

However... we booked directly through the Royal Caribbean Australia site.. so haven't spoke to anyone.

You can still set up an online account. All you need is your booking number, sail date and ship. Go to the RCL home page, click on login at the top of the page, and when you get to the login screen, select create account.

Call your local Royal customer service number. Should be on the website.

even if you booked online you can still call them and give your reservation number and they can add it to the reservation

You can still set up an online account. All you need is your booking number, sail date and ship. Go to the RCL home page, click on login at the top of the page, and when you get to the login screen, select create account.

Cool I will set that up in the morning, thanks! We will be booking a few more Royal cruises soon once they release the Oasis TA and Alaska cruises!

Call your local Royal customer service number. Should be on the website.

Thanks , I will give them a call in the morning.. I don't think they are open at 230am local time :eek:

Is this the same number I call about special needs? We need a diabetes needle bin in our room for my aunty, so I better get that sorted out!

Cool I will set that up in the morning, thanks! We will be booking a few more Royal cruises soon once they release the Oasis TA and Alaska cruises!

Thanks , I will give them a call in the morning.. I don't think they are open at 230am local time :eek:

Is this the same number I call about special needs? We need a diabetes needle bin in our room for my aunty, so I better get that sorted out!

I'd surely mention the special needs to the customer service people. You can also email them at special_needs@rccl.com. Mind the underscore after special.

You must be working the night shift?

I wouldn't really consider RFS to CL an upgrade. I doubt they would do that unless you only have two people in the RFS and then they might do it regardless of your preference. The typically method of filling CLs is to offer relatively inexpensive upgrades to people in lesser cabin categories.

I'd surely mention the special needs to the customer service people. You can also email them at special_needs@rccl.com. Mind the underscore after special.

You must be working the night shift?

Yupppp 5 nights a week :L It has it's moments but I'd never go back to day shift!

I can't believe how much info you have for everyone who posts on these boards!

I wouldn't really consider RFS to CL an upgrade. I doubt they would do that unless you only have two people in the RFS and then they might do it regardless of your preference. The typically method of filling CLs is to offer relatively inexpensive upgrades to people in lesser cabin categories.

We have 3 adults in the cabin, we all need individual beds. The RFS is great as it has 2 bedrooms + a sofa. The CLS just has 1 queen and a sofa. I'm just thinking it's an 'upgrade' because the prices on the website are about $2k more than we paid for the RFS! (I got such a good deal at 4am one day!)

surest way---- ask to be upgraded --- that will do it.

From what I see on the upgrade preference section on their website, there is not an option for "Do Not Upgrade". One of the first 2 boxes has to be checked. Am I missing something here?

Upgrade Preferences:

• I prefer an automatic upgrade
  • I would like an upgrade but have restrictions

• I do not wish to be upgraded to the Inside Promenade staterooms
    • I am traveling with friends or family and would like our rooms to be near one another
    • I do not wish to be upgraded to Boardwalk or Promenade staterooms
    • I need an accessible stateroom
    • I am sailing on consecutive sailings
    • I would like to stay on the same deck as my current stateroom
    • I only wish to be upgraded to a stateroom that is near an elevator

From what I see on the upgrade preference section on their website, there is not an option for "Do Not Upgrade". One of the first 2 boxes has to be checked. Am I missing something here?

Hmmm...no I don't think so. I stand corrected, so I guess the best answer remains Bob's suggestion to contact the booking agent (or C&A) and ask them to add "DO NOT UPGRADE" in your booking notes.

bobj

Upgrade Preferences:

• I prefer an automatic upgrade
  • I would like an upgrade but have restrictions

• I do not wish to be upgraded to the Inside Promenade staterooms
    • I am traveling with friends or family and would like our rooms to be near one another
    • I do not wish to be upgraded to Boardwalk or Promenade staterooms
    • I need an accessible stateroom
    • I am sailing on consecutive sailings
    • I would like to stay on the same deck as my current stateroom
    • I only wish to be upgraded to a stateroom that is near an elevator

I don't think you are missing anything. It's my opinion that the website is sorely lacking in this area. That's why I recommended calling them and putting specific notes in the booking.

I don't think you are missing anything. It's my opinion that the website is sorely lacking in this area. That's why I recommended calling them and putting specific notes in the booking.

Thank you Bob for your response. That's my thoughts exactly. I have a corner aft JS on my upcoming Rhapsody sailing. I would be furious if they upgraded me. (Any other sailing would be OK though :)).

Archived