Miami Question

babyher

Hey all

We are sailing on the Valor in November.

One of the guys in our group was doing some research on hotels in the area , as we will be staying one day pre cruise and two days post cruise.

He came up with a pretty good eadl on The Holiday Inn Port of Miami. He said its very close to the dock (a plus) and very close to the big Mall they have there ( a giant plus for the ladies in the group *LOL).

Just wondering if anyone here has ever stayed here and what their thoughts on it were.

I figure you can't go too wrong with a Holiday Inn (have always had good luck with them in the past for years). just looking for a nice clean place to stay as we will be doing a lot of running around during our time in Miami.

Thanks for any info in advance

:)

We stayed at that hotel pre-cruise on April 30. The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice to us. We would definitely stay there again. Bayside is right across the street from the hotel and a fun place to visit.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sandy

My wife and I stayed there last summer.

Maybe I'm getting spoiled but I wasn't real pleased. It is close to everything but I just didn't appreciate the lack of service and attention that I have received from other hotel chains to include Holiday Inn.

Would I stay there again? yea, maybe, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

We've stayed there at least 5 or 6 times, and we have never had a problem. It is a business class hotel, so if you are looking for a resort type with lush landscaping and beautiful pool area, this isn't the place for you. But if you are looking for a good, clean hotel, reasonably priced and in a fantastic location, this is the one for you.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

Sounds like it will be just fine for us.

We just need a nice clean place to stay. The cruise is the real vacation. This will just be a few extra days to unwind, do a little shopping, and visit some relatives. So we certainly don't need a big resort type place.

Thanks again for all the help

Try the Downtown Courtyard. Its only 3 years old I'm staying there in July! Its only a few blocks from bayside Market place and they offer a free shuttle to the pier!

Hey all

We are sailing on the Valor in November.

One of the guys in our group was doing some research on hotels in the area , as we will be staying one day pre cruise and two days post cruise.

He came up with a pretty good eadl on The Holiday Inn Port of Miami. He said its very close to the dock (a plus) and very close to the big Mall they have there ( a giant plus for the ladies in the group *LOL).

Just wondering if anyone here has ever stayed here and what their thoughts on it were.

I figure you can't go too wrong with a Holiday Inn (have always had good luck with them in the past for years). just looking for a nice clean place to stay as we will be doing a lot of running around during our time in Miami.

Thanks for any info in advance

Stayed there both pre and post cruise in April this year, nice hotel and right across the street from the Bayside Market. Ya got Bubba Gumps, Hooters, And the Hard Rock there for eats plus lots of other resturaunts, lots of shops and of course the dock area for boat viewing. Word of warning for post cruise guests if you need a cab to the hotel get in the cab first then tell the cabbie where you are going cuz they don't like to make such a short trip. Have a great cruise. Fair winds and following seas. John

Stayed there both pre and post cruise in April this year, nice hotel and right across the street from the Bayside Market. Ya got Bubba Gumps, Hooters, And the Hard Rock there for eats plus lots of other resturaunts, lots of shops and of course the dock area for boat viewing. Word of warning for post cruise guests if you need a cab to the hotel get in the cab first then tell the cabbie where you are going cuz they don't like to make such a short trip. Have a great cruise. Fair winds and following seas. John

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/ BAYSIDE MARKETPLACE

We will be staying here pre and possible post cruise this December. It seems like a great location. You can find out a LOT about this hotel on the HOTELS- Pre and Post cruise forum here on CC or on the Miami board....that is how I made my decision....

Thanks again eveyone

We did book The Holiday Inn, we have a large group of us going (24) so we needed to act fast to get everyone into the same hotel and all.

Sounds like it will be fine.

Like I said We don't need a big fancy resort type place, The cruise is the real vacation.

This will be great , sounds like a short crawl back from Hooters late at night *LOL*

Thanks again and have a great day all :)

Word of warning for post cruise guests if you need a cab to the hotel get in the cab first then tell the cabbie where you are going cuz they don't like to make such a short trip.

After our Miracle cruise, we took a taxi to the airport to check our bags before heading to the shopping plaza near the airport. We didn't know there was a shuttle available. Well, needless to say, we got another taxi. This driver was IRATE that we were only going a couple of miles. Oh my, he drove us there like his life depended on us getting there in less than 5 minutes. :eek: He also told us about the shuttle that we SHOULD HAVE used and then proceeded to show us the long line that he would have to wait in to get another fare. We were more than happy when we finally arrived.

Archived