Link: CNN has live video of the Triumph being towed

MrSnarkyPants

Watched for a few minutes, very interesting. Wondered why so many people are wearing white, up close shots revealed many to be wearing their bathrobes from the room. (Like, half the people). Saw groups of people waving at the helicopter. A couple of kids running and playing. A few folks milling about using their cell phones or shooting video.

All in all, not the Lord of the Flies I was expecting to see. But as others have mentioned not too many on top decks, I think probably because it is cold now. Don't know how it might be below.

Where is everyone? The deck is pretty quiet. If conditions inside are as bad as everyone says, I'd expect the deck to be packed?

doesn't look like a nice day out there, maybe just finding space inside in lounges, dining rooms, etc...

Where is everyone? The deck is pretty quiet. If conditions inside are as bad as everyone says, I'd expect the deck to be packed?

I wondered the same thing.

CNN just said is 43F in Mobile and with the wind, it's probably kind of chilly out.

Doubtful anyone brought cold weather gear for the cruise.

I am sorry, this is just Bull Shtttt that Cnn is wasting time talking to this little girl Rebecca and her mom on the cell phones,

Why not just let rebecca call her mom, or mom call rebecca,

this is so stupid,

This trip must have been so tramtic that these girls forgot their moms phone numbers, and had to call CNN instead of directory assitance.

Watched for a few minutes, very interesting. Wondered why so many people are wearing white, up close shots revealed many to be wearing their bathrobes from the room. (Like, half the people). Saw groups of people waving at the helicopter. A couple of kids running and playing. A few folks milling about using their cell phones or shooting video.

All in all, not the Lord of the Flies I was expecting to see. But as others have mentioned not too many on top decks, I think probably because it is cold now. Don't know how it might be below.

I am thinking pretty many of those bathrobes are going home as "souvenirs".

Watching this has just confirmed to me what kind of one-sided agenda driven trash station that CNN actually is. They saw people on their balcony waving with towels and the "host" said "it's hard to tell if they're waving their towels to say hello or to ask for help". Just ridiculous. This station should be embarrassed. They are also trying to bait a 12 year old girl into telling them that the conditions are horrible...pathetic!

Cant pay me enough to get on a Carnival ship.

Incidents involving Carnival Corp owned assets since 2010:

April 2010: Pacific Dawn loses power in Australia and is towed back to port to repair leak in hull which caused outage

October 2010: Costa Classica collided with another ship in the Yangtze River. Several minor injuries reported.

November 2010: Carnival Splendor catches fire in engine room

January 2012: Costa Concordia is steered off course and hits rocks off the shore of the Italian island of Giglio subsequently becoming partially submerged. 32 Dead, 64 injured

February 2012: Passengers on a Carnival Splendor sponsored shore excursion robbed at gunpoint in Mexico

February 2012: Costa Allegra experiences a fire in the generator room, rendering the ship adrift off the coast of the Seychelles. The ship was considered a total loss and was scrapped.

March 2012: Star Princess breaks international maritime law when it doesn't stop to render aid to small craft in distress even after a ships officer is notified of situation by passengers. Subsequently two of the three stranded fishermen perished at sea.

February 2013: Carnival Triumph experience engine fire and is rendered adrift in the Gulf of Mexico

Carnival turns a nice profit, too bad they like apportion it toward CEO compensation than to needed ship maintenance:

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/11/articles/worst-cruise-line-in-the-world/carnival-cruise-ceo-arison-pockets-90000000/

I am sorry, this is just Bull Shtttt that Cnn is wasting time talking to this little girl Rebecca and her mom on the cell phones,

Why not just let rebecca call her mom, or mom call rebecca,

this is so stupid,

This trip must have been so tramtic that these girls forgot their moms phone numbers, [\U]and had to call CNN instead of directory assitance.[\I][\B]

:rolleyes: HaHaHa... You are Too FUNNY! :D

They have no problem remembering or even KNOWING the number to CNN, but can't remember Mom's number or remember how to ASK a Crew Member for Help with Phone.

Cant pay me enough to get on a Carnival ship.

Incidents involving Carnival Corp owned assets since 2010:

April 2010: Pacific Dawn loses power in Australia and is towed back to port to repair leak in hull which caused outage

October 2010: Costa Classica collided with another ship in the Yangtze River. Several minor injuries reported.

November 2010: Carnival Splendor catches fire in engine room

January 2012: Costa Concordia is steered off course and hits rocks off the shore of the Italian island of Giglio subsequently becoming partially submerged. 32 Dead, 64 injured

February 2012: Passengers on a Carnival Splendor sponsored shore excursion robbed at gunpoint in Mexico

February 2012: Costa Allegra experiences a fire in the generator room, rendering the ship adrift off the coast of the Seychelles. The ship was considered a total loss and was scrapped.

March 2012: Star Princess breaks international maritime law when it doesn't stop to render aid to small craft in distress even after a ships officer is notified of situation by passengers. Subsequently two of the three stranded fishermen perished at sea.

February 2013: Carnival Triumph experience engine fire and is rendered adrift in the Gulf of Mexico

Carnival turns a nice profit, too bad they like apportion it toward CEO compensation than to needed ship maintenance:

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/11/articles/worst-cruise-line-in-the-world/carnival-cruise-ceo-arison-pockets-90000000/

:rolleyes: Guess you DON'T ride in planes, trains, bicycles or automobiles of ANY KIND? WOW! You must be in GREAT shape WALKING Everywhere. ;)

Archived