Seattle Hotels near Market Place

Clarkk W Griswald

We are looking for 2 night pre cruise hotel in Seattle, within walking distance to market place. We don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but don't want to stay in a dump. Any suggestions?

I would look for a hotel/motel out towards the Space Needle. There is a monorail that transport you into downtown.

We are looking for 2 night pre cruise hotel in Seattle, within walking distance to market place. We don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but don't want to stay in a dump. Any suggestions?
Virtually any of the major downtown hotels are in walking distance of the Pike Place market. "Arm and a leg" is a bit subjective; maybe if you indicated a rough price point, and when you're coming, more advice could be offered. Also, which cruise line/cruise terminal will you be using?

Edited to add, looks like you're on Celebrity and will therefore use Terminal 91. There aren't any hotels close to T91, so just pick a downtown hotel and plan on a $15 cab ride to the ship.

Virtually any of the major downtown hotels are in walking distance of the Pike Place market. "Arm and a leg" is a bit subjective; maybe if you indicated a rough price point, and when you're coming, more advice could be offered. Also, which cruise line/cruise terminal will you be using?

Edited to add, looks like you're on Celebrity and will therefore use Terminal 91. There aren't any hotels close to T91, so just pick a downtown hotel and plan on a $15 cab ride to the ship.

ok, "arm and a leg" = less than $175

I don't need to be close to the cruise terminal, I want to be within walking distance to market place. We won't be walking to the terminal, we plan on taking a cab :D

With a glance at Expedia, for your nights I'd probably go with the Homewood Suites on Pike Street, around 8 blocks from the Pike market, or with the Warwick Hotel, a block or two closer. Both are decent places and reasonably convenient.

For a budget closer to $200, there are some nicer places, in particular the Mayflower Park, which also has the advantage of being next door to the light rail station (to/from the airport) so if you're willing to ride the train, the difference in transportation costs from the airport would come close to neutralizing the hotel price differential.

There are a lot of threads here regarding Seattle hotel choices; a little research will pay big dividends.

With a glance at Expedia, for your nights I'd probably go with the Homewood Suites on Pike Street, around 8 blocks from the Pike market, or with the Warwick Hotel, a block or two closer. Both are decent places and reasonably convenient.

For a budget closer to $200, there are some nicer places, in particular the Mayflower Park, which also has the advantage of being next door to the light rail station (to/from the airport) so if you're willing to ride the train, the difference in transportation costs from the airport would come close to neutralizing the hotel price differential.

There are a lot of threads here regarding Seattle hotel choices; a little research will pay big dividends.

I know all about researching here on cruise critic. The reason I posted this thread is because I didn't want to take the time to sift though pages and pages looking at all cities in "west coast departures" to find Seattle hotels. And, I know all about the Expedia, Priceline, etc site. I guess I didn't make myself too clear, I was hoping to receive suggestions from those who have actually stayed at these hotels. Not wanting to take a "stab in the dark" picking a hotel because it looks good on a website. But, thanks for your input.

Actual experience is what is being asked for, not how to look something up on the internet. So if anyone has firsthand knowledge terrific, otherwise, I'm not sure you're answering the question / request. JMO.

We spent several nights post Alaska cruise here. I do not think you can stay any closer to the market.

Lovely hotel, very friendly staff. Street view with NO noise. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Thanks ghia007. That's the kind of suggestions I'm looking for. I went to the Inn at the Market website and they are sold out for my dates :(

Actual experience is what is being asked for, not how to look something up on the internet. So if anyone has firsthand knowledge terrific, otherwise, I'm not sure you're answering the question / request. JMO.

I wouldn't recommend places that I don't know. I just used Expedia to see which of the (many) Seattle hotels I know were available around $175 for your dates. The Inn at the Market will probably be double that, if available.

The two I recommended were not the only ones available, they were just the best two (in terms of personal experience) I could find for your price. But I'll withdraw and let others recommend places, rather than insult your intelligence.

I found the same thing when I called the inn at the Market, you need to call them cause they have dates open they just dont show them. We stayed at the Moore hotel last summer it was a three to four block walk, I wont stay there again, it was a fine enough room for one night but we will be staying two this time and I chose the INN because they are right across the street from the market. We have also stayed at a hampton inn further away and walked but it was about a 8-10 block walk and can be a bit tiring if its up hill.

Again as others have stated you can use the system (monorail, metro bus etc.) The Inn is a bit more spendy than those futher in but I have always wanted to stay there and this time we sprung for it. Good Luck!

Anything between Pike Place Market and the convention center is where you want to be looking. The walk from the convention center is downhill to the market and STEEPER going back to your hotel the farther south of the convention center (pike street) you are staying. I've stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8 (walk was not bad to the market with a mall in between) and the Renaissance (tiring uphill 6 block climb from the convention center). I'll be staying at the Sheraton for an upcoming convention and plan to walk down to the market again since it's closer.

Prices for this area are going to suck. I didn't see any conventions that weekend so no real competition there, plus you are staying mid-week so wont be affected by weekend volume (it's a Canadian holiday that weekend).

We have started to do some research for an Alaskan cruise possibly in 2014. Homewood suites was recommended to us. It is a half mile from the market and close to the cruise ports. The hotel offers a free breakfast and Mgr's reception each evening. That's kind of a nice perk.

http://www.homewoodsuitesseattle.com/seattle-hotels-near-cruise-terminal.php

:)

I wouldn't recommend places that I don't know. I just used Expedia to see which of the (many) Seattle hotels I know were available around $175 for your dates. The Inn at the Market will probably be double that, if available.

The two I recommended were not the only ones available, they were just the best two (in terms of personal experience) I could find for your price. But I'll withdraw and let others recommend places, rather than insult your intelligence.

Good advice, thanks!!

I am assuming that Clarkk is referring to Pike Place Market. Our current favorite Seattle hotel is the Mayflower Park. We've stayed there several times and have always been pleased, and will be there again in about 10 days. It is about a ten minute walk to Pike Place Market.

We also have stayed several times at the Inn at Harbor Steps, and also like it. It about a block from the market.

Two good choices on 1st Ave in Seattle are the Alexis and the Hotel 1000. Relatively level walk to Pike Place Market and not too far (about 4 blocks). They are also within walking distance of Pioneer Square which can be fun. They're also a block from my office but you probably don't want to come there:). I've stayed in both and can recommend them. Not cheap but good hotels in the city aren't--especially in the summer.

John

The Hyatt Place Downtown Seattle gave me a $169 rate. They are in a good location and have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere in the pikes market area. I got the rate through AAA. Call them direct and try to get a deal.

Just booked a room at the Roosevelt Hotel which is supposed to be a 7 minute walk to Pike Place Market. It also has decent ratings on Tripadvisor. We paid $116/nt for a few nights before our July 9th cruise. This was on http://www.mybowlingvacation.com/PageHotels.aspx. We're members of USBC, so not sure but I suppose the hotel could ask for proof of membership? But you should be able to book without doing anything special. We used this website to book a hotel last month in Chicago and were not asked by the hotel to verify membership... Anyway, hotels in Seattle were quite shocking to me. I was glad to find this steal!!!

Anyway, hotels in Seattle were quite shocking to me. I was glad to find this steal!!!

With 885,000 cruise passengers passing through here every summer--plus all the non-cruise visitors--it's not really so shocking that the prices are high!

It does sound like you got a bargain, though.

• 1 month later...

Archived