UNTIL YOU'VE BEEN THERE? If not, how can you have an opinion?

MYMOTHERSCHILD

Think of all the car seats, cribs, food products, cars, medications, drugs, chemicals, etc. and I mean etc., that have caused the death of, or maimed many people before they were recalled, but haven't affected you in the least. How can you be entitled to an opinion about the Triumph cruise when you aren't suffering through the ordeal? Those on board will soon tell us the hell it's been, whether or not more could have been done to feed them and improve sanitary conditions, the reaction of the captain and crew, whether the passengers thought enough effort had been made to make the ordeal less of a "hell," how theywere treated as human beings and customers. And, most importantly, insurance or no insurance, (!) do Carnival's owners feel any sense of responsibility for what takes place on their ships, whether or not "fires can happen anyplace." If a fire in your home injured your guest, would they need insurance?

If we took the time to read every word of every agreement or contract that comes with airline and cruise tickets, with internet sites, with credit card applications, with home sales and closings, we'd have to make a career of reading contracts, then hiring an attorney to interpret what's impossible for laymen to understand. And business would come to a standstill. Even cruises.

If you think that many of the Triumph passengers won't contact lawyers as soon as they've had a decent meal and a shower and a good long sleep, you're cuckoo. There's more to this than headlines and legalize. There's heart and integrity and honor--and right and wrong.

With experiences that I'd rather not repeat, on both Carnival and another line, I can tell you that there's a world of difference in the way their customer service personelle responds. One sends frustrating form letters as if you're a robot--fluffs you off until you give up. The other commends you for your sense of humor, makes reasonable compensation...and a friend.

MMC

That is what an opinion is, your thoughts..ideas or comments about something that is happening. It is given on many different topics multiple times daily by most people that may or may not know what they are talking about. It is a normal reaction for people to give their thoughts on any given topic. Why did that guy shoot all those people, why did he commit suicide, why weren't they wearing seatbelts, why is she dating him, etc.???

Pretty soon we will get to hear statements from folks arriving home, a lot of that will be opinion, exageration and hopefully also some facts.

I know people on that ship and feel horribly for them, having an opinion one way or another of what happened doesn't change that. If we all agreed and thought the same thing all the time it would be a pretty boring world.

I have never been to war but I have an opinion about that too.

You don't have to experince something first hand to have an opinion. Thats the nice thing about being an American - no thought police.

Think of all the car seats, cribs, food products, cars, medications, drugs, chemicals, etc. and I mean etc., that have caused the death of, or maimed many people before they were recalled, but haven't affected you in the least. How can you be entitled to an opinion about the Triumph cruise when you aren't suffering through the ordeal? Those on board will soon tell us the hell it's been, whether or not more could have been done to feed them and improve sanitary conditions, the reaction of the captain and crew, whether the passengers thought enough effort had been made to make the ordeal less of a "hell," how theywere treated as human beings and customers. And, most importantly, insurance or no insurance, (!) do Carnival's owners feel any sense of responsibility for what takes place on their ships, whether or not "fires can happen anyplace." If a fire in your home injured your guest, would they need insurance?

If we took the time to read every word of every agreement or contract that comes with airline and cruise tickets, with internet sites, with credit card applications, with home sales and closings, we'd have to make a career of reading contracts, then hiring an attorney to interpret what's impossible for laymen to understand. And business would come to a standstill. Even cruises.

If you think that many of the Triumph passengers won't contact lawyers as soon as they've had a decent meal and a shower and a good long sleep, you're cuckoo. There's more to this than headlines and legalize. There's heart and integrity and honor--and right and wrong.

With experiences that I'd rather not repeat, on both Carnival and another line, I can tell you that there's a world of difference in the way their customer service personelle responds. One sends frustrating form letters as if you're a robot--fluffs you off until you give up. The other commends you for your sense of humor, makes reasonable compensation...and a friend.

MMC

I couldn't agree with you more. I love cruising and cruised Carnival several times. There are much better cruise lines out there. I personally have been more than a little upset with how this ship has been handled for the last 8 weeks. people defending Carnival with this debacle just blow my mind. I know exactly how I would feel if I was a passenger on Triumph. Pictures and videos taken by passengers will show exactly what they have been going through, and Carnival will not be able to dispute them. On Cnn I saw crew wearing surgical masks, I wonder why?

You better take the time to read every word of every agreement or contract you sign (or hire an attorney to do it for you). Because you are signing that you agree with the terms and conditions of the contract. If you find out later that you don't agree with something in the contract and want to void it because of it, your excuse that you didn't take time to read it and find out what was in it isn't going to fly. Sorry, you signed it and in doing so agreed to the terms and conditions.

MMC

I find that some of the people here know someone who is on the Trimuph right now, have been communicating with them and are reporting this back to us so we know the true story.

Archived