Dailies from Equinox 10 Day, Feb 1-11, 2013

gottacruisemore

Hi - thanks for the posts! That's a lot of work.

Did they offer discounted specialty restaurant charges the first night? I don't see it in the dailies. Our last X cruise on Eclipse had half-price cover charge, I think the 1st 2 nights, which we took advantage of.

Thanks -

Kirsten

gottacruisemore,

Thank you so much! We are off to sail on March 15th! My question is what time did you get into your cabin on embarkation day? The daily says don't enter your cabin until instructed to do so, at approximately 6:00 pm. Were they doing special sanitizing or can we expect not to enter our cabins until approximately 6 pm?

Did they offer discounted specialty restaurant charges the first night? I don't see it in the dailies. Our last X cruise on Eclipse had half-price cover charge, I think the 1st 2 nights, which we took advantage of.

Thanks -

Kirsten

We were also on this cruise and the specialty restaurants were never discounted to my knowledge. We went four times. To me as compared to our sailing in 2011 it looks like they have cut back the staff and thus the available bookings. None of the restaurants were every completely full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gottacruisemore,

Thank you so much! We are off to sail on March 15th! My question is what time did you get into your cabin on embarkation day? The daily says don't enter your cabin until instructed to do so, at approximately 6:00 pm. Were they doing special sanitizing or can we expect not to enter our cabins until approximately 6 pm?

We had a delayed boarding due to noro which is why we couldn't get into our cabins until 6 pm.

Thanks for posting. This cruise is definitely on my wish list.

I see they had pub trivia in Michaels - did you attend this? Wish that was offered on Reflection, they definitely need some entertainment/activities in Michaels.

I remember Owen Stevenson from Eclipse - talented young man.

Thanks for posting. This cruise is definitely on my wish list.

I see they had pub trivia in Michaels - did you attend this? Wish that was offered on Reflection, they definitely need some entertainment/activities in Michaels.

I remember Owen Stevenson from Eclipse - talented young man.

I walked by the trivia one afternoon and there were maybe 30 to 40 people playing in groups. That said we thought the activities for sea days repeated too much and no one seemed to be a fan of the cruise director.

It's funny you mention Owen, we could not stand him! All the songs he sings are too much a like/ by very similar artist in my opinion. I'm probably very close, if not the same age as him, and for me he was too much of a college cliche. The sensitive guy sitting out on the quad playing guitar while singing John Mayer to attract girls. This is probably just a generational thing though since he would draw a crowd some nights.

I would highly recommend this cruise. Being 10 nights it doesn't pass in a blink of the eye like the seven night sailings. Having two sea days on both sides of all the ports is also very relaxing. We really liked all the ports. I'm ready to move to St. Kitts or Dominica! There is so much to do at most of them you could easily visit a few times before you start to repeat activities. As you can see from my signature we liked it so much we are doing it again next year as are a few other people that were on our roll call.

Prim8keeper - great name! Made me smile.

And thanks for the info; I was also wondering about the late departure time.

Cheers,

Kirsten

No problem! Better delayed than sick. It also seemed to work, after a few days of code red everything returned to normal. My other cruise had also been affected by noro so it was cool to see things this time that I never knew existed like the towels in the bathrooms or the snacks at the bars. :)

I walked by the trivia one afternoon and there were maybe 30 to 40 people playing in groups. That said we thought the activities for sea days repeated too much and no one seemed to be a fan of the cruise director.

It's funny you mention Owen, we could not stand him! All the songs he sings are too much a like/ by very similar artist in my opinion. I'm probably very close, if not the same age as him, and for me he was too much of a college cliche. The sensitive guy sitting out on the quad playing guitar while singing John Mayer to attract girls. This is probably just a generational thing though since he would draw a crowd some nights.

I would highly recommend this cruise. Being 10 nights it doesn't pass in a blink of the eye like the seven night sailings. Having two sea days on both sides of all the ports is also very relaxing. We really liked all the ports. I'm ready to move to St. Kitts or Dominica! There is so much to do at most of them you could easily visit a few times before you start to repeat activities. As you can see from my signature we liked it so much we are doing it again next year as are a few other people that were on our roll call.

Thanks for the laugh of the day. You reminded me that while we thought Owen was talented - so did he!! Too funny!! Of course, I know a lot of people like Jefferson Ang, and he left me cold.

We love Dominica too! Just read today in the Chicago Tribune, that $100,000 cash investment in Dominica will earn you citizenship. If only I had that kind of cash!!!!

Thanks for the laugh of the day. You reminded me that while we thought Owen was talented - so did he!! Too funny!! Of course, I know a lot of people like Jefferson Ang, and he left me cold.

We love Dominica too! Just read today in the Chicago Tribune, that $100,000 cash investment in Dominica will earn you citizenship. If only I had that kind of cash!!!!

Too funny. That's to good to know about Dominica on the off chance I ever come into a lot of money.

Thanks -

Kirsten

We were also on this cruise and the specialty restaurants were never discounted to my knowledge. We went four times. To me as compared to our sailing in 2011 it looks like they have cut back the staff and thus the available bookings. None of the restaurants were every completely full.

Thanks Tom for answering questions.

I got the 3 restaurant package, $85, when we first stepped on the ship. They had a set up outside the buffet and I do believe they were offering a discount for the first night. And occasionally I would see a sign spotlighting one of the specialty restaurants, I'm not positive if there were discounts though. This always seemed to be outside the buffet, one side would have a spa set up (free chair massage and daily specials) and the other side was restaurant reservations.

We are considering doing a specialty restaurant on a formal night, in your opinion, which formal night would you skip the mdr?

I would maybe skip the second one and do Murano. I was in AQ and did formal nights in the main dining room and the second night was blah. Murano will definitely give you a formal upscale evening.

I would maybe skip the second one and do Murano. I was in AQ and did formal nights in the main dining room and the second night was blah. Murano will definitely give you a formal upscale evening.

We actually went to Murano for the second formal night and it was wonderful. Formal nights in Blu though are also very nice. It is generally the second formal night when they do lobster in both the MDR and Blu.

and the info was SO helpful.Have never sailed with Celebrity and trying to compare to similar one on RCL(which have also never been on).

Considering a suite,but not sure which.Waiting for brochure.

The ports of call sound great,but DH wants to see Aruba(any comments?)

Have seen both western and eastern,but NOT southern carribean.

Did read reviews of ship and mostly positive.

Any info from past cruisers would be appreciated in making my decision(have only been on luxury or premium lines but this sounds pretty good and times/dates great for me.:)

and the info was SO helpful.Have never sailed with Celebrity and trying to compare to similar one on RCL(which have also never been on).

Considering a suite,but not sure which.Waiting for brochure.

The ports of call sound great,but DH wants to see Aruba(any comments?)

Have seen both western and eastern,but NOT southern carribean.

Did read reviews of ship and mostly positive.

Any info from past cruisers would be appreciated in making my decision(have only been on luxury or premium lines but this sounds pretty good and times/dates great for me.:)

If you have the time their is an Eclipse sailing that is 14 nights and visits Aruba. We are doing this route again (we were on it with gottacruisemore) next year because we loved the ports so much. St. Kitts and Dominica were wonderful. You may want to check out our roll call for the 2/1/2013 sailing as we are all now posting photos from the trip. Might help give you some ideas.

Did they have any type of chocolate cake? I did a Carnival cruise last April and they had the best melting cake and I had it after dinner every night. :).

The MDR has a lava cake and I have to say it was meh. It doesn't come close to Carnival's melting cake. However, the chocolate soufflé in Murano still has me wishing I ordered two.

If you have the time their is an Eclipse sailing that is 14 nights and visits Aruba. We are doing this route again (we were on it with gottacruisemore) next year because we loved the ports so much. St. Kitts and Dominica were wonderful. You may want to check out our roll call for the 2/1/2013 sailing as we are all now posting photos from the trip. Might help give you some ideas.

but it depends on the dates.Need to go over xmas/new yrs.for vacation.

The 10 day sounds fine to me and will check out the roll call for pics and ideas.Sounds like they switch ships too*(so will focus on dates and itinerary).Appreciate the info.

Archived