Great C&A Customer Service

travelplus

I was looking at our reservation online and had to find out for myself that the dining time on the Navigator switched from 6:00 PM to 5:30 PM for the early seating. So I called C&A as a Gold Member and spoke with this nice man who sympathetically heard my feedback about how last year our early dining time was at 6:30 PM so a 6:00 PM dining time would be fine but was not informed of the change to 5:30 from the Travel Agent.

The man called over to the Group Department who told him they could not assist me with a travel agent booking. I told the nice man that if my agent would have e-mailed me with the change that would be nice. I was irked that there was not even a message under your Cruise Reservation page about the change of dining times for our cruise.

I told the man that if indeed the captain decides for us to do the time change at noon dinner would be so early. While 30 minutes is not the end of the world as we can enjoy our evening it does make it hard for formal nights unless they do those during sea days on our Trans Atlantic Cruise.

While I was on the phone the other agent who apparently was with the STAR desk e-mails him for him to call her and puts me on hold so I wait. After he gets on the phone with me he apologizes on behalf of the agent who gave us a $100 OBC which I was not expecting.

The point of the call was to have better communication with the passengers so if they want they can either join My Time Dining or switch to the later seating. For us 5:30 PM is ok but 6:00 PM would be better.

If there was a press release about the change that would be helpful so passengers can plan their shore excursions etc. I told the man that I was not in the least bit upset but was irked that there was no communication about the change.

If I was on Cruise Critic I'm sure I would have seen the change. Even in the reviews of the Navigator it lists early dining time at 6:00 PM.

In the end if I want to get an evening snack I could go to the Promenade Cafe or to the Windjammer after the show if it ends before 9 PM.

I think RCCL should revert the early dining time to 6:15-6:30 PM because of the time change on the Trans Atlantic. I hope they will change the time when we sleep.

But I was pleased with how professionally RCCL dealt with my feedback and gladly accepted the $100 OBC and thanked the representative again and stated how much we look forward to our cruise.

Archived