Radisson on Astronaut Blvd

tray

I have seen very mixed reviews on the Florida Departure section of the CC boards about the Radisson on Astronaut Blvd. I have reservations to stay there the night before our cruise, but I am thinking twice about it now. I have seen people say it has become more 'run down'. Does anyone have recent pictures...what does 'run down' mean? Sometimes I've seen reviews that say a hotel is run down, and when we've stayed there it has been fine.

Having said that, I do like to stay in a nice hotel when I am on vacation. I won't like it if it feels dinghy, old and not fresh.

Advice and pictures if anyone has them please!

I have seen very mixed reviews on the Florida Departure section of the CC boards about the Radisson on Astronaut Blvd. I have reservations to stay there the night before our cruise, but I am thinking twice about it now. I have seen people say it has become more 'run down'. Does anyone have recent pictures...what does 'run down' mean? Sometimes I've seen reviews that say a hotel is run down, and when we've stayed there it has been fine.

Having said that, I do like to stay in a nice hotel when I am on vacation. I won't like it if it feels dinghy, old and not fresh.

Advice and pictures if anyone has them please!

It's been several months since I stayed there but wouldn't call it run down. I've always enjoyed my stay/s there and wouldn't hesitate recommending the Radisson.

Be sure and ask them to put you in a renovated room, those are much nicer. We just stayed there last October and it was fine.

If you are going to take their shuttle and you have not signed up for a time you may want to call them and do that before you arrive. I don't know if their policy has changed but we were allowed to sign up when we made our reservations. Otherwise you run the risk of having to take a late shuttle.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! I was also looking at the Doubletree on Cocoa Beach. I have never been to this port, so I am confused about the distance difference between Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. Is one better than the other to stay at pre-cruise?

Archived