What's The Deal With This Cabin??

injunjoe

We are booked on cabin R298 on the Carnival Inspiration. It is an accessible cabin and from what it looks like, there are very few cabins near it. What are we in for? Are we going to be bothered by a laundramat or some other noise-making "stuff"? Any idea?

Thanks,

Injun Joe

We stayed in that cabin and I am in a wheelchair. It is an accessible cabin, from my viewpoint. Although I do not know what your disability issues consists of. It has been several years ago since we went but I will try and remember as best I can for you. The cabin had a roll in shower, nice sized bathroom and the rest was just your normal room: bed, tv, etc. Not much to really say about it that I can think of. I do know our cabin was the ONLY place on the ship that had a wheelchair accessible restroom. This was extremely frustrating having to stop whatever we were doing and plan enough time to push across the ship from where ever we were, get in line for the elevator, and go all the way back to our cabin to the restroom. TERRIBLE! This may have changed since we went in Dec. 2001. I would not count on it though. The ship is old, built before the ADA went into effect so they do not have to do anything about this ship to make it any more accessible than it is.

We had an inexperienced travel agent and she should have never put us on this ship in the first place. I could not use the pools and there were many public areas that were not accessible.

If you would like to email me personally, I would be glad to be of more assistance.

Trina

Archived