Piton cruise

I've been looking into things we want to do on each island and so far for St Lucia the Thomson Piton cruise appears to be a good option for us. Its appeal is the fact its only 4 hours which would leave us time to head up to Rodney bay for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Have any of you done this cruise? Was it any good? How long do you have to snorkel/swim in the sea? Did the trip leave first thing in the morning?

We did the pitons with a company in the cruise port on a fast boat. A lot cheaper than the ship price. It was really good but I cant remember how long it was. We Visited the drive through volcano, some gardens with a waterfall, ive forgotten. what it was called and stopped at at a beach on the way back. I dont think youd have time to do rodney beach as well.

we have done the pitons cruise shorex...its a nice big catamaran with a free bar, the cruise lasts about 4 hours and leaves from the dock close to where the ship is berthed, there are two tours one leaving at about 8.30am and another about 1pm

you sail along the scenic west coast...we saw dolphins when we were there, they came very close to the boat

we visited soufriere bay to photograph the pitons then on to anse cohon for snorkelling also visited marigot cove

its a nice tour

hope this helps

we have done the pitons cruise shorex...its a nice big catamaran with a free bar, the cruise lasts about 4 hours and leaves from the dock close to where the ship is berthed, there are two tours one leaving at about 8.30am and another about 1pm

you sail along the scenic west coast...we saw dolphins when we were there, they came very close to the boat

we visited soufriere bay to photograph the pitons then on to anse cohon for snorkelling also visited marigot cove

its a nice tour

hope this helps

Perfect Geomagot just the sort of info I had hoped for, thank you. I shall go book this now as its the only trip to the south that will also allow us time to go north. Believe it or not we had dolphins bobbing around our boat here at home last summer. Will be keeping my fingers crossed to see some on this trip too, beautiful animals :D

Not entirely sure what the correct answer is there are many theories. They're naturally inquisitive so that probably has a lot to do with it. I suspect the vibration and noise of engines through the water gathers their attention and since there's a momentum created at the bow which kind of pushes them along a bit like a surfer riding a wave it makes an easy swim for them. Its a good question :D

Archived