RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

2 Atlanta guys here really looking forward to the Caribbean cruise next February. Seasoned cruiser - first time with RSVP. Looking forward to meeting some good, fun guys.

Welcome guys! Welcome to Cruise Critic and RSVP. :)

Feel free to ask away if you want to know more about RSVP cruises.

2 Atlanta guys here really looking forward to the Caribbean cruise next February. Seasoned cruiser - first time with RSVP. Looking forward to meeting some good, fun guys.

Hey guys! Atlanta here too - seasoned RSVP cruiser (well if you call thrice seasoned)

We welcome you with open arms to our merry band! This site will become more active as the cruise approaches, and you will be able to glean lots of information concerning what is going on and what you need to prepare. :)

We welcome you with open arms to our merry band! This site will become more active as the cruise approaches, and you will be able to glean lots of information concerning what is going on and what you need to prepare. :)

Glad to see more guys joining this thread. Jack and I heading to Prague next weekend to meet up with our RSVP Danube River Boat sailing. Spending this weekend enjoying our place here in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

We'll report back if we hear any updates on our Divina Cruise next Februry.

• 3 weeks later...

My partner and I are booked on this. It'll be our first gay cruise. Never really considered a gay cruise before as we always thought they were geared mostly for the younger crowd and didn't think we'd like it, however I've learned differently from reading some of these boards. Anyway, we won't know until we try it!

My partner and I are booked on this. It'll be our first gay cruise. Never really considered a gay cruise before as we always thought they were geared mostly for the younger crowd and didn't think we'd like it, however I've learned differently from reading some of these boards. Anyway, we won't know until we try it!

Welcome aboard!

There is a wide variety of ages on gay cruises so nobody should feel like the odd-one-out. :)

Have you seen the pictures of previous RSVP cruises at www,gaycruisepictures.com?

Welcome aboard!

There is a wide variety of ages on gay cruises so nobody should feel like the odd-one-out. :)

Have you seen the pictures of previous RSVP cruises at www,gaycruisepictures.com?

Thanks!

No I hadn't seen those pictures. Looks like a lot of fun!

Feel much better now!

Just completed our Danube riverboat sailing with RSVP and happy to report it was a great vacation. I think everyone will be pleased with what RSVP has in store for the future.

Special thanks to Paul J. Williams who is the best. Looking forward to see everyone next February.

We have not booked yet and sorry if this was posted at all earlier as I did not read all 10 pages. Me and my partner are very interested in going however we are finding such bad reviews of the food and staff we are scared to pull the trigger. Anyone have input? We usually get 1 cruise a year so want to make it worth while. RSVP I am sure is great just the reviews are scaring us... Thanks in advance.

I m very curious about the ship, but already have a canal cruise booked for Feb 10th.

As for MSC and the ship, a few thoughts.

I have been reading every current review I can find on MSC from American passengers and have found a trend...that is very familiar to me. It seems first time cruisers or those with one or two cruises in their past loved the product. It was the avid cruisers that have specific lines (products) they enjoy that had issues...the more the cruises taken, the more severe the complaints.

So if you are a big RCCI ,Princess or HAL cruiser.....you might be very critical.

This was what I was faced with years ago when I chose Costa (way before Carnival bought them and made big changes to the product). The old Costa was so very different from the North American products of the day like NCL and Royal Caribbean. The Americans onboard complained about everything. I thought it was so refreshing and European, even the multi language announcements. The food was wonderful....and if there was veal on the menu I ate to my hearts content. Sadly Costa is now Carnival with a yellow stack and experiencing problems. So if you look at MSC as a totally different product offering and actually look for a different type of experience you might just say....different not bad just different. Another point......as a RSVP charter.....things should actually be better. On the Hawaii cruise in 2010 on the Pride of America....a ship that had a real bad reputation, the food was good, the staff just fine. Oh, and MSC has been booking large LGBT groups on some of their cruises......last one I think was a drag cruise......so as a cruise line they should be LGBT accepting.

So think of this as a Eur=o=pean vacation of sorts. Me, I am thinking of sailing the Divina Sept 13 next year for my birthday cruise. I need to see this product first hand.

So have a blast and write lots of reviews........get me moist with anticipation :D:D:D

Bertha

We have not booked yet and sorry if this was posted at all earlier as I did not read all 10 pages. Me and my partner are very interested in going however we are finding such bad reviews of the food and staff we are scared to pull the trigger. Anyone have input? We usually get 1 cruise a year so want to make it worth while. RSVP I am sure is great just the reviews are scaring us... Thanks in advance.

I was very weary about booking the Divina cruise after enjoying HAL for so many years. I had a conversation with the then president of RSVP about my misgivings and he reminded me that charters can have more sway in improving things (as Tom mentioned re the Hawaii cruise on the Pride of America; they crew might not have been as polished but they were so eager and friendly!). MSC will also be moving the Divina to the US market permanently so things ill be different from their other ships.

I am willing to give the new cruise line a chance and being on a new ship will be interesting. RSVP cruises are just too much fun; Hawaii was one of the best and that was despite the ship. ;)

I m very curious about the ship, but already have a canal cruise booked for Feb 10th.

As for MSC and the ship, a few thoughts.

I have been reading every current review I can find on MSC from American passengers and have found a trend...that is very familiar to me. It seems first time cruisers or those with one or two cruises in their past loved the product. It was the avid cruisers that have specific lines (products) they enjoy that had issues...the more the cruises taken, the more severe the complaints.

So if you are a big RCCI ,Princess or HAL cruiser.....you might be very critical.

This was what I was faced with years ago when I chose Costa (way before Carnival bought them and made big changes to the product). The old Costa was so very different from the North American products of the day like NCL and Royal Caribbean. The Americans onboard complained about everything. I thought it was so refreshing and European, even the multi language announcements. The food was wonderful....and if there was veal on the menu I ate to my hearts content. Sadly Costa is now Carnival with a yellow stack and experiencing problems. So if you look at MSC as a totally different product offering and actually look for a different type of experience you might just say....different not bad just different. Another point......as a RSVP charter.....things should actually be better. On the Hawaii cruise in 2010 on the Pride of America....a ship that had a real bad reputation, the food was good, the staff just fine. Oh, and MSC has been booking large LGBT groups on some of their cruises......last one I think was a drag cruise......so as a cruise line they should be LGBT accepting.

So think of this as a Eur=o=pean vacation of sorts. Me, I am thinking of sailing the Divina Sept 13 next year for my birthday cruise. I need to see this product first hand.

So have a blast and write lots of reviews........get me moist with anticipation :D:D:D

Bertha

You as so right Bertha. After speaking with the New President of RSVP and Rachel the head of entertainment on our recent RSVP Danube Riverboat cruise I think the MSC Divina sailing will be GREAT. The HAL and RCCL ships have become so mass market and offer nothing differnt. We are very excited about this new product and what RSVP has in store for the future.

We should all talk it up and sail with a full ship of happy men.

Next summer RSVP with be offering two great Riverboat sailings. The contract should be signed shortly and I highly recommend these trips as well.

Partner and I just booked. We are Cruise Virgins here..Never been on Straight or Gay Cruise this will be our first. Its our 20th Anniversary.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, RSVP and cruising. Be warned - it can be addictive!

I called RSVP yesterday to ask some questions about deposits and The Yacht Club. Good thing I did because I uncoverd two mistakes on their part. One was they lost reservation of my friends Frank and John who booked with us on the Eurodam. Frank and John call Don and RSVP with the reciept they were giving on board the Eurodam. It was signed by Nick. Their cabin had already been sold to someone else. RSVP was able to get them another cabin in the Yacht Club area even though theier site says those cabins are sold out. Next thing is I was over charge on the invoice sent to my Travel Agent. They change the prices from the flyer we were giving on board. They discount they gove me of the current prices was more than the "On Board" prices showed. RSVP sent out new invoices and problems has been corrected. Everyone might want to check theirs.

Don also found out that passengers in the "Yacht Club" area are NOT allowed to have friends or guest in the area with them. This is MSC's policy and the powers to be at RSVP are going to see if that can be waived for our charter. I am sure lot of those who booked the "Yacht Club" would like to invite friends to spend some time with them. Except for a few suits most of the "Yacht Club" balcony cabins are only 10 sq. ft larger than the Standard Balcony Cabins yet cost twice as much. It should be interesting to see how this will all work out.

WHAT???!?!? I am in the Yacht Club for what it is worth with the tiny rooms (Mine is the 2nd largest but still too damn small--THis girl plays the big room!) but If I want a friend to come sit with us and enjoy a beverage I damn well will do it--I can understand a 2 guest limit and the need to keep it down but I want to mix a little…it is why I book suites, so I can have people over for drinks, munchies and hey…whatever (JK--A One Woman Man here)

I am vey much considering canceling this, a number of reasons

Boat Reviews

Room Size

Jeff Left--maybe Brand Q has something

Itinerary

We are looking into some non gay alternatives, Sick of the Caribbean I guess.

Plus Peter haas yet to give himself over to my desires….LOL

Why can't I bring my Dog? Dammit

Maltese were originally kept on ships as Rat Killers (Hence the name Maltese for Malta a ship building capital of yore)

Anyway we are off to Cabo For 2 weeks in a few days

WHAT???!?!? I am in the Yacht Club for what it is worth with the tiny rooms (Mine is the 2nd largest but still too damn small--THis girl plays the big room!) but If I want a friend to come sit with us and enjoy a beverage I damn well will do it--I can understand a 2 guest limit and the need to keep it down but I want to mix a little…it is why I book suites, so I can have people over for drinks, munchies and hey…whatever (JK--A One Woman Man here)

I like the way you think.

Partner and I just booked. We are Cruise Virgins here..Never been on Straight or Gay Cruise this will be our first. Its our 20th Anniversary.

Glad you guys found this thread and have booked not only your first cruise but an RSVP cruise. what a great way of spending your 20th Anniversary. YOU'LL LOVE IT.

Went on my first cruise 40 plus yes ago and feel in love with ships and crusing. About 50 sailings later I still feel the same way about them. About 10 of those sailings have been with RSVP and they are so much better than the non-RSVP cruises.

Just completed our Danube riverboat sailing with RSVP and happy to report it was a great vacation. I think everyone will be pleased with what RSVP has in store for the future.

Special thanks to Paul J. Williams who is the best. Looking forward to see everyone next February.

Thank you, Dan :)

Paul J.