RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

We just booked our travel agent's private excursion ST. MARTIN DAY OF FUN (Island Tour) today. Anyone else going on that, or anyone going on his Catamaran excursion? Last time we were in St. Martin was when Bob and I first met Peter & Richard. We shared a taxi and went to Orient Bay Beach (the nude part). That was a lot of fun and easy to get a taxi, but I wanted to see more of the island this time and experience Marigot and Maho Beach, as well as return to beautiful Orient Beach.

Don't think we are doing any excursions in San Juan, just roaming about. What is everyone else doing?

While on the Divina tour in December I picked up a flyer of all the drinks packages on their regular cruises. Here is a comparison of the packages they are offering on our RSVP cruise (the offer more on a regular cruise):

RSVP:

Soft Drink Package ($30) – 14 soft drinks in cans and/or fruit juices. Vouchers can be redeemed at any bar or restaurant. They can also be used for in-stateroom minibar soda purchases.

MSC:

Soft Drink Package ($30) – 15 cans of your favorite soda.

RSVP:

Bottled Beer Package ($52) – 14 beers in 33cl bottle. Vouchers can be used at any bar or restaurant. They can also be used for in-stateroom minibar beer purchases.

MSC:

Draft Beer Package ($62) – 14 large glasse of your favorite draft beer.

RSVP:

Allegrissimo Classic Carnet ($44/day) – 15 vouchers per day for the entire length of your cruise. Good for wine by the glass, draft beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks, a wide range of cocktails, and ice cream. Vouchers can be redeemed at any bar or restaurant. They can also be used for in-stateroom minibar purchases.

MSC:

Allegrissimo Classic Carnet ($44/day) – Unlimited wine by the glass, draft beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks, a wide range of cocktails, and ice cream.

RSVP and MSC the same:

Allegrissimo Escape – a carnet of 15 vouchers ($72), good for a glass of wine, a cocktail, a glass of draft beer, your favorite liquor, a non-alcoholic drink, or even a cone of Divina’s homemade ice cream. Vouchers can be redeemed at any bar or restaurant. They can also be used for in-stateroom minibar purchases.

Main dining room only:

Wine Package “Choose Seven of Ten” ($155) – 7 bottles of wine chosen from among 10 sommelier-suggested bottles.

Wine Package “Choose Ten of Fifteen” ($212) – 10 bottles of wine chosen from among 15 sommelier-suggested bottles.

RSVP only:

Dinner Wine – 7 bottles ($85) – House-brand wine to accompany dinner.

Dinner Wine – 10 bottles ($120) – House-brand wine to accompany dinner.

Here is the MSC flyer:

[ATTACH]298079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]298080[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the comparisons Boytjie. I notice in the fine print on the MSC flyer about (some) of these packages that each person in the stateroom must purchase the package. I am wondering if the same is true for the RSVP packages? For example can one person in a stateroom occupied by two people buy the the Allegrissimo Classic carnet $44/day package or do both have to?

I forgot another piece of information to send me when RSVPing for the Meet and Greet: your Cruise Critic id!

So: name(s); Cruise Critic Id and cabin number.

Do you want us to send you our info via this thread or to an email address? Jack and I are traveling again this year with friends Frank and John. We loved the Meet and Greet you put together last year on the Eurodam. Thank you for doiing it again.

I just retunred from my condo in Fort Lauderdale and met several guys who have been sailing with RSVP for a number of years. They knew nothing about Cruise Critic or the Meet and Greets.

Dan

We just booked our travel agent's private excursion ST. MARTIN DAY OF FUN (Island Tour) today. Anyone else going on that, or anyone going on his Catamaran excursion? Last time we were in St. Martin was when Bob and I first met Peter & Richard. We shared a taxi and went to Orient Bay Beach (the nude part). That was a lot of fun and easy to get a taxi, but I wanted to see more of the island this time and experience Marigot and Maho Beach, as well as return to beautiful Orient Beach.

Don't think we are doing any excursions in San Juan, just roaming about. What is everyone else doing?

Well, if you did not stay on that nude beach then you could have joined us in Marigot for lunch. ;) BTW, that was our first cruise excursion ever and was glad to do it with you! :D

I definitely want to go to Maho beach but I think we will do it on our own; perhaps do Orient for a bit then head to Maho unless there are other c/o beach options closer to Maho.

Edited by Boytjie

Another reminder for the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet.

As we are starting with two days at sea the best time would most likely be the first day at sea around lunch time.

So, if you (and your traveling mate) plan to attend, please drop me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com and give me your name(s), Cruise Critic id(s) and cabin number. The cabin number comes in handy if there should be a late change of venue and notices can be dropped off; names for name tags and of course it would be good to know how many people to expect.

Edited by Boytjie

Do you want us to send you our info via this thread or to an email address? Jack and I are traveling again this year with friends Frank and John. We loved the Meet and Greet you put together last year on the Eurodam. Thank you for doiing it again.

I just retunred from my condo in Fort Lauderdale and met several guys who have been sailing with RSVP for a number of years. They knew nothing about Cruise Critic or the Meet and Greets.

Dan

Glad to do it again, Dan.

A very small subset of cruisers in general are aware of Cruise Critic and the same holds true for RSVP cruises.

Don't be nervous! We all were newbies at some point.

We went on our first cruise ever in 2007 - RSVP on the Caribbean Princess. I got lots of information here and got to know a few people before we even got on board: Max, Marlin (RIP) and so many others.

If you have questions ask away.

Don't be nervous! We all were newbies at some point.

We went on our first cruise ever in 2007 - RSVP on the Caribbean Princess. I got lots of information here and got to know a few people before we even got on board: Max, Marlin (RIP) and so many others.

If you have questions ask away.

I'm a go with the flo kinda guy, I voted for the theme I wanted to see, I'm sure it will lose (Kapow!, yup I'm a comic book nerd).

I guess maybe this is a good newbie question in general; but, do you have any first time RSVPers tips. Even the small odd things that seasoned pro's take for granted?

-ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comparisons Boytjie. I notice in the fine print on the MSC flyer about (some) of these packages that each person in the stateroom must purchase the package. I am wondering if the same is true for the RSVP packages? For example can one person in a stateroom occupied by two people buy the the Allegrissimo Classic carnet $44/day package or do both have to?

Thanks for all the info on beverages,guys. I am very open minded about MSC,however one reason I enjoyed HAL was that you were allowed to carry on a bottle or two of wine/champagne at embarkation. I understand from MSC "customer service" this is verboten ! That was such a nice perk with HAL. Any info if this rule is being relaxed for RSVP ?

The $85 wine pkg @ dinner which would be a bottle each night seems like a good option for me, however, since my mates are not drinkers, an entire bottle for me at dinner would be a bit much. I was told by customer service that I COULD NOT take the remaining wine to my room. True for RSVP? Be nice to have the left over for later! as opposed to it being opened and held for the next dinner. Any info on this ?

Lastly , MSC said that I needed to purchase the pkg PRE BOARDING with an agent to get the $85 price point. If I bought it at the front desk in route, I would be charged an 18% gratuity. So now the front desk is serving me ?

Any additional info would help. Sincerely, a wineo who just can't drink an entire bottle at dinner and still stand up!!! Thanks

I'm a go with the flo kinda guy, I voted for the theme I wanted to see, I'm sure it will lose (Kapow!, yup I'm a comic book nerd).

I guess maybe this is a good newbie question in general; but, do you have any first time RSVPers tips. Even the small odd things that seasoned pro's take for granted?

Shawn, from what I have seen and heard, Glow and Kapow seems to be the very popular. I would be happy with either but with Glow I would be quite happy. If they could add black lights it would be great; on the 2010 Hawaii cruise the underwear party was also a black light/body paint party. Oh what fun that was!

I will have to give some thought about a "first time tips" list. :)

I'm trying to catch up on everything, but I didn't see this mentioned here. It looks as if Amy&Freddy won't be joining us this year. I know not everyone enjoys her shows but for some this could be an issue. We love her, and although we won't let it "ruin" our vacation it just won't be the same without her!

I found this posted on 1/3/14 on the Facebook thread

https://www.facebook.com/events/147971028734189/

"RSVP Vacations: We were all disappointed we couldn't make it work with Amy & Freddy. We absolutely adore them and can't wait to have them back! In the meantime, we've lined up some incredible entertainers for this cruise. Super super excited. You'll receive an entertainment preview in our upcoming Cruise Vacation Guide, which will be available in less than a couple weeks, Chris!"

Edited by bradpole

Looking forward to a fun time... !!! Not sure I know how to use this site... but giving it a try!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and RSVP!

Have you cruised before? If there is anything you want to know, ask. We can try and answer.

For a look at what RSVP cruises look like, there are tons of pictures at gaycruisepictures.com

I saw in an email from Dan Howell travel that the catamaran excursion in St. Marteen already sold out. I never saw a link or read anything about where to find the online reservations. Anyone have the link? I'm a little disappointed because I wanted to do that particular excursion.

Edit that.... I figured it out. It was just offered under that travel agency. I confused it with the RSVP offerings.

Edited by MAB121

Does anyone know if there is a self-serve laundry on the ship? This will help determine what I pack. I always send my shirts and trousers out to be laundered - but by midweek I like to do all the tees, shorts, undies, socks and such so as to use it all again for the last half of the cruise.

BTW: I have always found on-ship laundry services invaluable. That and a self-serve laundry means that I can pack all I need for 7 days in one garment bag.

Any info would be appreciated.

Alan