RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

I hope everyone gets to Florida safely and in time!

Tonight major packing will happen in our home!

I am worried that we are not going to make it. Our flight is out of Philadelphia Thursday at 12:40 pm, and the forecast is not looking good. We may not be able to get another flight if it is cancelled.

I am worried that we are not going to make it. Our flight is out of Philadelphia Thursday at 12:40 pm, and the forecast is not looking good. We may not be able to get another flight if it is cancelled.

:eek: No negative thinking. Your flight will not be cancelled.

We will be heading for the airport shortly for a little pre-cruise warm up in Ft. Lauderdale.

OMG! The weatherman says some significant snow expected right when we are due to leave for Miami. For an enormous amount of cash, we got our flights changed to Wednesday morning. With the expectation for Atlanta to get ice and snow, a lot of people may not be as lucky. See you on the Divina.

Some airlines are allowing people to rebook because of the pending strom without a charge. Problem is most flight are pretty well booked up into both Miami and Fort Lauderdale at this point anyway.

Last week I double check my flights which were purchased last June to discover we were on a 7:30 AM flight tomorrow 02/12/14. I thought we were on a 7:30 PM filght. At first I was upset that I was missing another day from work. Now I am happy to be out of Philly prior to any storm hitting in the evening hours.

Take the Amtrak. Does train service get interuppted with a storm like the one forcasted?

Take the Amtrak. Does train service get interuppted with a storm like the one forcasted?

I am sure is can since it will go through the areas expected to get snow and ice. Even driving from the Northeast might not be a good idea (one could get stuck on Atlanta highways for days! :eek:)

I am hoping that the path changes, we have many friends traveling Thursday. I think we lucked out, our flight is 8:30 pm on Wednesday out of JFK, before much precipitation is expected. I have a feeling it may be a bumpy ride.

Flights are indeed fully booked. I wanted to see what options there could be for us to take an earlier flight on jetBlue but it was basically one with a stop in Buffalo while ours is nonstop. Hell, no! :eek:

Edited by Boytjie

I am sure is can since it will go through the areas expected to get snow and ice. Even driving from the Northeast might not be a good idea (one could get stuck on Atlanta highways for days! :eek:)

I am hoping that the path changes, we have many friends traveling Thursday. I think we lucked out, our flight is 8:30 pm on Wednesday out of JFK, before much precipitation is expected. I have a feeling it may be a bumpy ride.

Flights are indeed fully booked. I wanted to see what options there could be for us to take an earlier flight on jetBlue but it was basically one with a stop in Buffalo while ours is nonstop. Hell, no! :eek:

You are right on target about traffic in Atlanta due to snow. 2 inches a couple of weeks ago and I was stuck in a 5 hour drive home - a drive that usually takes me 15 mins. Atlanta is expecting snow Tues. midnight with Icy conditions all day Wed. Thurs. warms up to mid 40's. Then better weather on Friday. Our flight leaves mid day Friday. Stay positive!

Well, we changed our flight out of Philly from Thursday afternoon to Friday afternoon (changing planes in Atlanta, which should be OK by then). Everything tomorrow was booked from Philly, Washington & Baltimore. We will driving to Philadelphia tomorrow and staying at our Park & Ride hotel, then the next day need to move to another nearby hotel for Thursday night (unless our original hotel gets a cancellation). This cruise is getting more expensive!

Well, we changed our flight out of Philly from Thursday afternoon to Friday afternoon (changing planes in Atlanta, which should be OK by then). Everything tomorrow was booked from Philly, Washington & Baltimore. We will driving to Philadelphia tomorrow and staying at our Park & Ride hotel, then the next day need to move to another nearby hotel for Thursday night (unless our original hotel gets a cancellation). This cruise is getting more expensive!

It will all be worth it.;)

Good luck!

We changed our flights from Manchester, NH at 4:45pm to 7:00am on Thursday. It's a semi-direct flight, with a stop in Baltimore but no plane change. It'll still be calm in NH at 7:00am, but I hope that Baltimore can handle the snow/sleet/rain and get us to Fort Lauderdale. If we took the 4:45 flight NH would be getting nailed on its way to 12inches.

Hey guys! I can't believe we are a day away from this amazing cruise.

I'm Jack Aaronson, I am hosting a singalong showtune piano bar (plus some pop, rock, etc...) on the cruise.

I'll be playing in La Luna Piano Bar, and my schedule is:

Saturday - 9pm

Sunday - 9pm

Tuesday - 9pm

Thursday - 11pm

Friday - 9pm

If you are a theatre type, come and enjoy the best of broadway, sing along or come sing a solo! I'll be doing non-theatre music also, so stop on in!

See you all on board,

Jack Aaronson

Hope everyone has made it or will make it to Florida in time for our cruise. I know several people who have miss their flights.

One friend left Phildelphia area last evening about 5:00 pm and is driving. Last report was roads were clear but slow going.

Another couple from Rehoboth Beach area who were to leave BWI yesterday morning are now rebooked for tomorrow. Hopefully they'll take off in time and make the ship.

Cool but sunny in Fort Lauderdale this morning, only 50. Looking forward to a great time on our cruise.

Dan and Jack

Wow so an announcement won't be made for next year's cruise prior to disembarkation?

Back to reality... disembarked in Miami

The cruise for February 2015 was not finalized. They hope to announce it soon.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Back to reality... disembarked in Miami

The cruise for February 2015 was not finalized. They hope to announce it soon.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know that MSC was not prefect but the price was right and the ship beautiful. I hope Randle and others use her next February. She will only improve. Which we had a few more days.

Dan

Part of the reason they did not announce a 2015 cruise onboard the Divina was because they felt that having people stand in long lines to book next year's cruise is not a great way to spend this year's cruise. Go out and have fun rather than stand in another line.

Speaking of lines, today's disembarkation was something of a trial. If things had taken a few minutes longer we would have missed our flight home. After we finally got off the ship and out into the real world everything clicked and we made it. At least no wait at the airport. Non-stop from check-in to TSA to Skytrain to gate and onto the plane.

Speaking of lines, today's disembarkation was something of a trial. If things had taken a few minutes longer we would have missed our flight home. After we finally got off the ship and out into the real world everything clicked and we made it. At least no wait at the airport. Non-stop from check-in to TSA to Skytrain to gate and onto the plane.

This is only the second time for me in Miami and both times the disembarkation was awful, not the fault of the cruise line but CBP both times. Never had issue in Fort Lauderdale. Only 2 CBP agents checking people out when i left shortly after 10 am

I hope you all will post your thoughts on the ship, the cruise line, the overall fit for a RSVP cruise. Did most find faults or preferred the ship over Holland America?

PS....as for disembarkation.........On Friday the 21st I disembarked the Coral Princess one of only 2 ships in Port Everglades. I was the first off the ship at 7:15 as my car was at the port parking garage. Well after entering the building we had to wait for the customs people to report to work. Then only 2 people showed up....for a fully booked ship. I heard the back up resulted in 2 hour delays once the normal disembarkation schedule commenced. Sorry, 2 CBP people for a ship full of about 2000 people is ridiculous.

So your experience was shared up at Port Everglades.

Hope you all had a grand time........with lots to pass on to use wanting to know all about the cruise.

Tom aka Bertha