RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

Hi everyone,

I started thinking of buying stuff for the themes? I've never been on a cruise, let alone a RSVP one, but I have had my fair share of themed dances/weekends at camp. What do people normally do for the themes? If dress for it, then pirates is an obvious, but what about the others? Baywatch, Gold...so on. Thanks for any advice.

Baywatch-probably most will be dressed in swimtrunks, or '80's retro outfits.

Gold- it's the color. Could be anything as simple as a gold T-shirt to a gold spandex body suite, or a gold sarong, or gold underwear, or gold wig or hat, gold glasses....you get the picture?

The Dark Side- leather, jeans and a black T-shirt, jockstrap....

Costume Contest- ANYTHING GOES....or just enjoy everyone else.

Glow Party- Glow Paint, light up glasses or hats, Glow-in-the Dark T-shirts.

Go to gaycruisepictures.com to see pictures of previous cruises.

Glow is probably going to be one the more popular events. One item I can suggest is to get led string lighting that are battery operated. They are pretty inexpensive and can be incorporated into a costume or wrapped around the body. Actually mine were recycled from my wedding decorations.

I'm curious to know where they are going to hold the parties. If it's at the mid ship pool thats open to the elements, I think RSVP can incorporate some pretty impressive lighting equiptment than they were able to with the HAL ships.

Just so you know, we will not be docked in Old San Juan but at the Pan American pier across the water by the Isla Grande airport (not the main airport)

Thanks for the heads up about the port, we were prepared to just walk off the ship and walk into Old San Juan:eek:

Joe

Thanks guys, for the heads-up on not docking in Old San Juan as I was on the Atlantis 2005 cruise out of San Juan and was kinda just assuming the ship would be in the same place. Kind of a pain to take a taxi (and the taxi rides are shall we say "exciting" as I think this is where NYC cab drivers train LOL), but at least I know ahead of time now.

What does the logo in blue with the 2 gold bars mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is the Human Rights Campaign logo. HRC envisions an America where lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are ensured equality at home, at work and in every community.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/26/what-is-the-red-equal-sign-all-over-facebook-and-twitter/

I have received RSVPs from the following Cruise Critic ids:

beartraprr

Brian6401

cruisenewbiesf

dantobey

darrell6t

digitalshawn

dois-porquinhos

flag fan

gigand

gio1967

jamieb21

Jdez101

MAB121

mainah

Mister White

mnettles33

Monumax

pjfunny1

RandRCruiser

rhact

sawnmike

STRSSD

Typhoon1

WalterNY

If you have not RSVPed yet (or I missed your email), please send me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com and give me your name(s), Cruise Critic id(s) and cabin number(s).

The Meet and Greet will be at 1 pm in the Golden Jazz Bar on Sunday, February 16th.

So is Old San Juan a must see in Puerto Rico? :confused:

If you have no excursions planned it is well worth exploring Old San Juan.

Worth visiting is Castillo de San Cristóbal and Castillo San Felipe del Morro - when we sail into San Juan we go right past El Morro and it is worth getting up early for that.

Walking around the streets of Old San Juan makes you think you are in Europe more than in the Caribbean. Lots of restaurants and if you are into coffee, they sell some good coffee (look for a supwermarket, they rip you off in the tourist shops charging about double for it)

El Morrow:

SanJuanHistoricSite_1.jpg

San Cristóbal:

Aerial_view_of_Castillo_de_San_Cristobal,_San_Juan,_Puerto_Rico.jpg

Old San Juan:

san-juan-houses.jpg

If you have no excursions planned it is well worth exploring Old San Juan.

Worth visiting is Castillo de San Cristóbal and Castillo San Felipe del Morro - when we sail into San Juan we go right past El Morro and it is worth getting up early for that.

Walking around the streets of Old San Juan makes you think you are in Europe more than in the Caribbean. Lots of restaurants and if you are into coffee, they sell some good coffee (look for a supwermarket, they rip you off in the tourist shops charging about double for it)

El Morrow:

SanJuanHistoricSite_1.jpg

San Cristóbal:

Aerial_view_of_Castillo_de_San_Cristobal,_San_Juan,_Puerto_Rico.jpg

Old San Juan:

san-juan-houses.jpg

Peter,

MSC offers a couple of San Juan excursions that include Old Town. The cheapest being $41pp. In your opinion would it be just as rewarding (and cheaper) to venture off on our own? Plus, my companion is adverse to being 'herded about' with throngs of people? From the look of the map - once you take a taxi to one of the forts much all else seems to be very close to everything else in Old Town. Any advice would be helpful.

Alan

Peter,

MSC offers a couple of San Juan excursions that include Old Town. The cheapest being $41pp. In your opinion would it be just as rewarding (and cheaper) to venture off on our own? Plus, my companion is adverse to being 'herded about' with throngs of people? From the look of the map - once you take a taxi to one of the forts much all else seems to be very close to everything else in Old Town. Any advice would be helpful.

Alan

If you don't want to get the herded feeling it may be better to explore on your own. Other than some steep hills it is easy to walk and is a rather compact area. While an excursion will give you a bit more of the history etc. one can also read up about it. Excursion tours tend to end up at some place where they hope you will shop, disguised as a bathroom stop. :)

I just sent an email to everybody that RSVPed for the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. If you did not hear from me, I don't have your information so kindly send it to me a.s.a.p. I want to print name tags over the weekend.

To RSVP, please send me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dot com and give me your name(s), Cruise Critic id(s) and cabin number(s).

The Meet and Greet will be at 1 pm in the Golden Jazz Bar on Sunday, February 16th.

I am booked and looking forward to this cruise! I am a little gun shy about traveling as a Single cruiser. However, I hear that the RSVP Experience is great and that for the most part it will be easy to meet people and make new friends. I was just on the Carnival Fascination for a four day cruise with my sisters and mom as a pre Christmas gift. The food on that cruise was HORRIBLE, so even though the MSC Divina has mixed reviews, it cannot be worse than what I had last week on that cruise!

Several years ago I made the statement that "going on a gay cruise would be my worst nightmare!" At that time I was in an 18 year relationship and my ex and I used to cruise a couple times a year on standard cruises. We always met other gay people on our cruises and attended the FOD gatherings. We had preconceived ideas of what a gay cruise was all about. I do not think I would fit in well on an Atlantis cruise - since I hear they are more like a circuit party at sea! I love to have a good time, but I am not a "partier." I am also not a young stud anymore! LOL 47 years of age here but not dead! hahaha

Are there any other's that have sailed as Single passengers with RSVP before? Any insight on what to expect? I do have one of my best friends booked as an Entertainer on this cruise too, his name is Khris Francis and his act is hysterical! Be sure to see his show for sure. If nothing else, I know I will laugh my ass off with him all week.

I've been on one other RSVP cruise before, but this is the first time for me on their room share program. I'll be turning 47 the day we set sail!

Hallelujah, there will be Church Bingo!

With such a big ship and a big theater, Sister Helen Holy will pack them in and the jackpots could get huge.

For the newbies, this is one event you should not miss. Not only do you stand a chance to win big and pay off your bar tab but you will be entertained as well.

Sister Helen does appreciate proper head attire when attending her service, so go raid grandma's attic and come on down...

I've never had so much fun at gay bingo as with Sister Helen.

Two of our lesbian friends (who have sailed with RSVP before) just returned from an Olivia Cruise (all gay women). They said they didn't enjoy it as much as the RSVP cruises, and that it was not as well organized as RSVP. They look forward to joining another RSVP cruise in the future.

Two of our lesbian friends (who have sailed with RSVP before) just returned from an Olivia Cruise (all gay women). They said they didn't enjoy it as much as the RSVP cruises, and that it was not as well organized as RSVP. They look forward to joining another RSVP cruise in the future.

On one of our first RSVP cruises we met a lesbian couple and asked why they weren't on an Olivia cruise and they said "never again". :)

Got some Red Things, Some Gold Things, Some Dark Things and a Pirate Thing... Man-O-Man that's a lot of THINGS! LOL I'm not going crazy, but at least I will be a little themed for the various parties.

I CANNOT WAIT!

Got some Red Things, Some Gold Things, Some Dark Things and a Pirate Thing... Man-O-Man that's a lot of THINGS! LOL I'm not going crazy, but at least I will be a little themed for the various parties.

I CANNOT WAIT!

Looking forward to seeing your things! :D