3 night mini cruise

PJ's

We have just booked two cabins for the mini cruise on Ventura departing from Southampton on 31/05/13 and returning on 03/06/13 visiting Bruges and Guernsay. According to my CP there will be 2 black tie nights and 1 casual. Is it usual to have 2 black tie nights on a 3-night cruise or could this be changed??

Hi

Just to go off at a tangent! We are booked (first time on P & O for us) for the 5 night cruise leaving 3/6/13. We are taking my elderly mother who has sailed umpteen times on P & O over the years, but not recently.

She remembers P & O fondly and often talks about their cruises and how fantastic they were (she's 86 and now a widow). Is the Ventura the right ship for her to take 'a walk down memory lane' or will she find this ship too different, too big, too many people, too informal to what she remembers? Has the experience changed? Was 10 to 15 years ago a different era?

We are also testing out P & O! We're relative newbies only getting 'the cruise bug' a couple of years ago. Until now our line of choice has been Celebrity. How different is P & O?

Thanks

Thank you for that. My Dad (god bless him) used to work sometimes for P & 0, organising the quizzes etc, but that was a long time ago and Mum has such great memories of those times.

Hopefully she will enjoy herself, although it will be different.

We have just booked two cabins for the mini cruise on Ventura departing from Southampton on 31/05/13 and returning on 03/06/13 visiting Bruges and Guernsay. According to my CP there will be 2 black tie nights and 1 casual. Is it usual to have 2 black tie nights on a 3-night cruise or could this be changed??

It will be 1 black tie and 2 casual with the black tie in the middle.

Gan Canny

Dai

It will be 1 black tie and 2 casual with the black tie in the middle.

Gan Canny

Dai

Certainly hope so and they've got it wrong on my CP. I always thought the last night was casual and the first night also. Don't mind doing black tie nights, quite like dressing up, but two over a 3-night cruise seems a bit much. I know my daughter is looking forward to the cruise (it is her first) and, as she is coming up to her 40th birthday this year, thought we would treat her and her hubby to their first cruise. Both me and hubby love it!!!!

Archived