NCL's iConcierge App

SeanJC

Confirmed by a recent cruiser in another thread: Star has iConcierge up and running perfectly.

Yeah, I just saw that, too. I am excited to give all the features a try this coming weekend including messaging and their phone calls. :)

I just returned from the EPic ON 3/22. Since our trip last year many improvements have been made with IConcierge. It worked much better.

HInt....When a message says sent, it means it was sent but the other phone has not received it. When it says delivered the other phone has received it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
im hoping at lease part of the features are available on SKY this summer

i know full features are most likley not ready for SHY Yet, but maybe the free features are working, any one been on Sky in the last few weeks?:)

i know full features are most likley not ready for SHY Yet, but maybe the free features are working, any one been on Sky in the last few weeks?:)

It's the free features that require most modifications to ship's existing systems (onboard accounting, electronic schedule publishing, etc) so I find that very unlikely. On all other ships it has been (supposedly) working completely or not at all.

Edited by Demonyte

Sailed on the Sky last week. iConcierge does not work on the Sky. Sorry.

Just got back from a 7 day cruise aboard the Epic. We thought about buying walkie talkies to stay in touch but decided they probably wouldn't work well aboard a ship the size of the Epic. We went with the iConcierge app and are glad we did. First off, the $7.95 charge is a lot less than the cost of good quality walkie talkies. You don't have to purchase any kind of wifi package, it's included with the app. However, you ONLY have access to the app, not the internet. The app shows what's going on activity wise for the day, along with a listing of dinner options, and a ship directory of where everything is. You can make a call (VOIP) or text message others who have the iConcierge app installed on their phone. We tried it, and it worked great except for when you were in your stateroom. For whatever reason, the ship wifi signal would go weak and the app wouldn't work once in our stateroom..but hey...that's what the stateroom phone is for. Anywhere else on the ship, the app worked great, even inside an elevator.

About the ONLY suggestion that I think would make it better would be if it displayed our reservations for dinner/shows...etc. That would be a plus.

The app in my opinion is worth 8.00 per person. I actually like there is no other features besides ship communication, I like being connected to the goings on the ship and disconnected from real life!

The app might have not worked well in cabins because the the magnetic walls. But who knows, esp if it worked in the elevator...

I found on the Jewel and Getaway voice calls were not the best, but texting was pretty reliable. Actually, the service as a whole worked better on the Jewel, maybe because it is a smaller ship.

I plan to get it on the Getaway again. It's just the easier way to keep in contact with people!

I am on the Star in October. When I got my paperwork from NCL it did say to download the app so I did. I am going to give it a shot! We have a group of 11 and it will be easier to keep in contact that way.

fingers xxd it works well.

• 2 months later...