Splendor Compensation?

stewpapa

It was November of 2010.

I don't know if Carnival ever offered anything more, but according to this article at the time of the incident they simply offered to cover the guests travel expenses, refund the cost of the original cruise, and allow the guest to take a future cruise for free.

In other words, pretty much the same as this time... except without the $500.

Fire was Nov 2009... I was to to sail on the splendor jan 2010 but they cancelled my sailing. I was compensated with booking a new cruise & I got a percentage off. It took many weeks, phone calls. Faxing & emailing but in the end I was refunded for what carnival reimbursed us for. It all worked out just took several weeks.

there was fire on that ship and there was NO SHIPS even close to her and the navy had to bring food to her!!! that was around 2 years ago I think !!!!!

I am well aware of the fire on the Splendor. I have said for 4 years that the ship is cursed. We have sailed her 2 times and have yet to do the itinerary that we were scheduled to do.

It was November of 2010.

I don't know if Carnival ever offered anything more, but according to this article at the time of the incident they simply offered to cover the guests travel expenses, refund the cost of the original cruise, and allow the guest to take a future cruise for free.

In other words, pretty much the same as this time... except without the $500.

Triumph PAX got free robes, too.

Archived