Buying things ahead of time for stateroom

misssea

Yes they do. I'm not sure exactly where now, because they've changed the website since I cruised in Sept, but go through the checkin process, then it should be under "book shore excursions, dining, spa and indulgences". Click on indulgences. They have all sorts of stuff from booze and sodas to flowers, chocolates and gifts. I think they had some gifts for kids too like a little bear. and chocolate covered strawberries :) We had some booze and souvenir coffee mugs waiting in our room when we arrived.

Go to HAL's site -- sign in -- go to your reservations.

There will be 3 options -- click on the one marked "Purchase".

There will be a list ofchoices for Shore Excursions, Beverages, Dinner Reservations, etc.

Under Special Ocassions there are a few for Bon Voyage. I don;t remember seeing much there for children.

HAL's site is down right now so I do not know the exact wording or what is available.

You can get balloons if you order the celebration packages, like anniversary or birthday or (possibly) the sail away celebration package. I think they all come with wine or sparkling wine or something. Call HAL and ask if you can get a non-alcoholic package for a birthday or celebration of some sort. They must have something.

Just checked the indulgences section. Under "flowers" they have flowers with 3 balloons are $29. Just flowers are $20. That's $3 per balloon. I think the balloons shown say something on them. An entire pack of balloons from a dollar store would be $1. if you wanted to take your own and blow them up once you are on board.

They also have a ships model and a teddy bear. Didn't check those prices. I think they were under "gifts".

I wonder if I call the gift department if they could make up something. Maybe the teddy bear and a couple of balloons since I know they have them.

This may be on the same lines of snail mail but...

You can telephone HAL, and they will direct you to the correct department, and you can ask them what they have and order over the phone. They will send you a receipt to your e-mail address.

We have ordered ballons before, but that was a LONG time ago!:D

The teddy bear is $29.95 -- no size given. The teddy bear is wearing a t-shirt with the ship's name embroided on it.

The ship is $29.95 and is 12.5 inches long. It does indicate if the ship name is printed on it -- I doubt it.

I have seen the ballons on people's doors -- they say either Happy Birthday or Happy Anniversary.

You can call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and see if they can make up something special.

Archived