Can't decide...need your help!

JahHaus

All my wife and I want to do in Costa Rica is take a ride on the Tortuguero Canal...no zip line, no banana plantation...we'd pefer as few extras as possible. Who, from your experience, is the best tour provider for this? Charlie Soto? Greenway? Oscar Brown? Somone else?

All my wife and I want to do in Costa Rica is take a ride on the Tortuguero Canal...no zip line, no banana plantation...we'd pefer as few extras as possible. Who, from your experience, is the best tour provider for this? Charlie Soto? Greenway? Oscar Brown? Somone else?

we went with oscar brown. the canal was one of four major stops. we went to the jaguar rescue center, stopped at a banana plantation, did the canal and stopped at a beach for lunch.

the canal boat ride was around an hour or so, maybe around one oclock. we saw lots of birds, two monkeys way up in the trees, an iguana and a caiman. we were disappointed that the entire ride was either next to roads with cars driving past us or behind the backyards of homes and businesses. it felt rushed and didn't feel as "wild" as we had hoped, although we did see some wildlife.

this is only our experience with one tour company. we felt rushed through a lot of what we did. and the rushed close to shore canal ride may have been due to how many activities we packed into one day. if they offered a longer boat ride further into the canal, itd probably be worth it. i hope this helps a little!

• 2 weeks later...

When we were there, Greenway appeared to be impressive. Our tour with Soto turned bad when we were robbed by armed teenagers at the banana grove. Soto has promised to refund the balance of our tour payment but has failed to meet any of the time limits that he requested! Greenway had a nice group with us at the zip line, a clean mini van, a well informed, interesting and interested guide. Even before the robbery, we were wishing that we'd taken Greenway over the dirty cab and disinterested guide that we got!

Archived